Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the Jeep World

Old 07-25-2024, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Jeep World

HEY! I’m new to the Jeep World. I have a background as a diesel mechanic and have always owned pickups. I recently traded my ‘12 Silverado for my ‘13 Wrangler. I’m retrofitting a utility trailer to haul my family’s kayaks, but otherwise won’t miss the truck bed. If I do miss it, I have the utility trailer. That was one of the biggest things for me to get over when trading off my truck. Mine has 127k miles and appears that it possibly had ball joints done at some point and I believe a leveling kit (unknown brand).

As when I had my diesel (street truck but pulled and drag raced) I was very active on Cummins Forum so I knew finding a good Jeep forum was in my future. Here to learn about these things and get ideas. This Jeep could turn into kid’s ride eventually, but my goal is to do small upgrades and take care of it. I kinda got bit by a bug a little and would like to do a lifted one, but I’d rather start with a fresher canvas (newer Jeep). I do have an affinity for the JL interiors.

I wanna know how everyone feels about the duck trend. I was very resistant to it. My kids, of course, thought it would be awesome. Got ducked my second weekend owning it and when I got home put the duck on my tool box. One of my kids put it on my dash while I was at work and I didn’t notice until we were driving one day. It’s still there. Am I being a D-Bag for not wanting a small army of rubber ducks on my dash?

I’m in Central Illinois so if you’re close, holler!
Old 07-26-2024, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 398 Likes on 373 Posts

Welcome .. The Ducks.. It's a Fun Thing.. Fun for the person doing the ducking and many ducked get a laugh and/or smile. Now, your Sahara and your skill set will make a very nice enjoyable fun ride. Allow a suggestion look into a local Jeep Club for some trails and runs. Remember to WAVE; it is more important than Ducks.

Quick Reply: New to the Jeep World