Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hardtop Compatibility

Old 06-29-2024, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Compatibility

New member here, but not new to Jeep Wranglers. I have a 2017 Shara 2 door and would like to get a hardtop for it. I am curious if all 07-17 top will work, or is there certain years that are better and more compatible. I would like to have a hardtop with freedom panels. I am looking for used and just want to buy the correct one. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,860 Likes on 1,628 Posts

They'll all fit, but the early years the center footman loop above the windshield had a slightly different location. you can easily move this though or get another one to install. Many have done this over the years. I seem to recall maybe a report over the years where someone had a top that the guide pins didn't align perfectly but that is easily fixable too if you find an older top at a price you can't pass up. as far as actual dimensions and the top plopping down on the tub though you should be fine with any of them.

Quick Reply: Hardtop Compatibility