Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Colorado is present and accounted for!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Colorado is present and accounted for!

This forum rocks! I pretty much troll around on it with all of my free time trying to collect as much information as I can on improving my sweet JKUR! There is so much information and terminology related to these rides and all of its accoutrements that I often feel defeated before I begin to understand it.
That being said, I get nothing but enjoyment from this site.

About Ruby Sue:
She was born in 2012. She is billet silver top to bottom. I bought it used 4 months ago from a dealership in Denver and it already had 17" American Outlaw rims and 33" Duratracs (thank you whoever you are) but everything else is stock. On the inside Ruby Sue is a sweet gal with leather and the touchscreen nav and all the bells and whistles. In a word, "beautiful."

Where I see our relationship going:
I want to lift her up with some fresh 35s. I use it primarily as a DD but I capitalize on every chance I get to rally her through the snow (which is ample this year in the CO) on a partially melted forest service road! If I can achieve this tire modification with minimal other upgrades then that is what I wish to do because I need extra clearance to navigate these Rocky Mountains. I also am feeling the need to add metal bumpers, elk-smashing grill guard and a front winch (just because you never know) as well as sliders with a bit of step so that I can load up my two youngerns in the back seat (I told you it was primarily a DD).

Now the wife wants us to take the Lexus GX470 when we go on trips to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley this summer--and I love that ride too and it's great for doing some basic off-roading--but I got my dream JKUR now and I need to take this baby on some adventures. So I shall continue to troll about looking for others with families (mine=two kids under 5 plus the Mrs.) who take their families out on adventures too. How do you make all the stuff (shower, camp gear, entertainment, libations, jeep spare parts, and a partridge in a pear tree) fit comfortably?
I know one thing: To gain the wisdom I must climb the mountain and I have just the Jeep to do it.

Stop by, say "hi" and be well; if you can help please do and if I can help I will.

Last edited by Papa Bear; 03-17-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Colorado is present and accounted for!