Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

2008 Jeep jku track bar replacement question

Old 06-24-2024, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Jeep jku track bar replacement question

Ok. I’ll try and say this quick.

2008 jku
2 inch lift
35” tires

my stock track bar is flopping around. I can pick up a rubicon track bar from a 2016 front and rear for 75. My question is will this rubicon track bar fit on my Sahara jeep?

my research has confused me because I’ve read that they are exactly the same and will fit and I also read that they won’t fit or I may need a bracket etc.

hoping someone here can give me a quick straight answer please. Thank you!

update!: So I noticed that the track bar I have now is an adjustable one and the rubicon one is a solid piece.

maybe I should just go to a parts store and pick one up there.

Last edited by JKJulian; 06-24-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 378 Likes on 353 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. With the Adjustable track bar, and a 2 inch lift.. Here is a check.. on one of the online sellers - look at the Part numbers for the Sahara and the Rubicon ..Stock OEM numbers. FWIT.. I run the stock OEM bar on our 13 JKU with an AEV 2.5" lift for 6 yrs no probs.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you're on the right track with the adjustable track bar. I'd recommend checking the condition of your control arm bushings too. They can cause similar symptoms if they're worn out. Good luck with the fix!
Old 06-26-2024, 05:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,627 Posts

makes no difference to me what you put there, but keep in mind that is one of the most important components in the front of the jeep. the metalcloak adjustable front TB is ~$180 during their flash sales and is an excellent choice. I mention it as a comparison on price vs. whatever else you look at. it's is not just about a bar being adjustable, it's about the joints that the various bars use. I would not pick anything with a metal joint like a heim on either end.

Quick Reply: 2008 Jeep jku track bar replacement question