Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tolland MA Trail Run: November 3rd - BE THERE.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
I'm going to be there either just me or me and a passanger. Are the ct. people meeting up anywhere along the drive?
Originally Posted by CHOPPER
This thought had occured to me as well....Maybe we could meet up at the meadows parking lot since it's right off of RT-91.
Then we could fly up from there.

MJS...Maybe you should pick the time since you have the best idea as to how long it will take to get to tolland, so we make it on time.
Well, it takes me about an hour from my house, and I drive backroads to get there. Since we're leaving Tolland Town Hall PROMPTLY at 11:30 for the trail, and you'll want to meet your fellow Jeepers ahead of time, you should err on the side of caution and leave extra time to make sure that you're at Tolland Town Hall at or before 11...

If you guys want to meet me somewhere near my place and follow me up through the backroads, you're welcome to - I'm at the Avon/Farmington town line. But, it's way out of my way to go to 91, etc., and the backroads drive is actually really nice (wouldn't want to do highways instead). Thoughts?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

Chopper (and any one else) if your going up 91 shoot me a pm I'll try to find a spot along 91 for us to meet.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok talked to my friend told him not to come because of no spare, so sad can't afford a spare. So ill be there along with a friend thats going to ride with me 11-11:30 at tolland town hall right?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024
Ok talked to my friend told him not to come because of no spare, so sad can't afford a spare. So ill be there along with a friend thats going to ride with me 11-11:30 at tolland town hall right?
Sorry about your friend, but it's probably for the best - would really hate for him/her to get stranded out in the middle of the woods...

The meet-up info for everyone:

We'll meet at Tolland Town Hall ([link removed to keep the trail location private) 11/3 at 11:00 AM. My wife and I will try to be there a little early, to hang out with any "early arrivals." I'd rather you come early and sit and wait than show up late and miss the run! If you plan to air down at all (I didn't last time, but am strongly considering it for this run), you're not going to want to do it at the trailhead - get to Town Hall a little early for that.

Additional Notes: While you should feel free to enjoy a or two with lunch if you choose, there will be little ones around - for their sake and your own, please don't plan on drinking heavily. Likewise, because 1) there will be a lot of us there to watch out for each other, and 2) there will be kids present, it is strongly urged that you don't carry firearms.

PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO BE ON TIME, AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR ANY POSSIBLE DELAYS/TRAFFIC/ETC., BECAUSE WE LEAVE TOWN HALL PROMPTLY AT 11:30 AM FOR THE TRAILS!

If you've never wheeled before, please check out the Tread Lightly website. Bottom line: Be courteous to the ATVs and dirtbikes that share the trail with us, and do all that you can to leave the trail in as-good-as condition as you found it in, so that others can continue to enjoy the trail for years to come - bring a bag to carry out all that you carried in (excepting bathroom-type stuff ), etc.

There's no such thing as a stupid question (well, almost!)... By all means, if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, etc., please post up and let us know!

I'm getting more excited everyday - can't wait to see you all there!

Last edited by MJS_Jeep_888; 07-09-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Corrected Google Map
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Default I dunno...

Your link to google is short by about 500 feet. Everyone is going to be milling around on the side of the road wondering when the hell you're going to show up.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scottcarp
Your link to google is short by about 500 feet. Everyone is going to be milling around on the side of the road wondering when the hell you're going to show up.
Link works fine for me - care to suggest a fix?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Zoom in and add satellite. You'll see that the "tack" is ~500 feet east of Town Hall. Only those who trust their GPS to a fault would stop that short of arriving, though. I really doubt it will be a problem.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Zoom in and add satellite. You'll see that the "tack" is ~500 feet east of Town Hall. Only those who trust their GPS to a fault would stop that short of arriving, though. I really doubt it will be a problem.
Try the map now... the little pushpin looks accurate now - do you agree? Good catch on the original: It had the right address, but Google put the marker in the wrong spot. BTW, if for whatever reason the trails are inaccessible, I think I spotted some others...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Is that the in driveway or the out?

NO! Don't change it again!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Is that the in driveway or the out?

NO! Don't change it again!!!
It's the newest thing in technology... behold: The world's first, multi-functional "In AND Out" driveway!

I won't change the link again - should suffice now, right?

Quick Reply: Tolland MA Trail Run: November 3rd - BE THERE.