Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tolland MA Trail Run: November 3rd - BE THERE.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Tolland MA Trail Run: November 3rd - BE THERE.

I posted a similar invite today in the CT thread, but I'd like to extend an invitation to any member of this site that wants to join us; NH, MA, VT, ME, RI, NY, or anywhere else - if you can make it and want a fun day of wheeling, we'll see you there!

The little lady and I are formally requesting your presence on Saturday, November 3rd, in Tolland MA.

The where: Tolland, MA.

The what:
A fun day of stock-friendly (yet challenging) LEGAL wheeling.

What to bring: Your eager selves, your happy guests. Dress appropriately for Jeeping. Kids are welcome - this is definitely family-friendly stuff. Also, pack a lunch for everyone in your party. The wife and I packed cold-cut sandwiches last time, and they made for a great lunch out on the trail.

Recovery gear really shouldn't be necessary, but I carry a rope that should be able to handle any "stuck" JKs. I have a first-aid kit, flashlight, fire extinguisher, and blanket that come everywhere with me. We'll also have my wife's Garmin GPS, so there's no chance of getting hopelessly lost in the woods. Feel free to bring whatever off-road stuff you think is prudent (shovel, axe, whatever). Also, I would recommend bringing your camera if you have one, as you're likely to capture some great shots of your fellow Jeepers! Of course, if you have any tools for your JK, those are always a good idea in case something goes wrong on the trail.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is the most challenging possible terrain, I'd say the overall, average difficulty of the trail is probably a 4, with a few sections that present worthwhile challenges up to a 7. There are also several areas where there's an "easy way" and a "hard way" to run the trail, so with one or two exceptions, you're not likely to run into a situation that you're uncomfortable in. With proper spotting on the "tough" spots, your Jeep should come through relatively unscathed (possible trail pinstriping, possible "character marks" on your skidplates).

In case any of you are apprehensive, I can't imagine any spots on the trail where you'd risk rolling over or anything like that. If you've never wheeled before, this is the perfect first-time run for you. If you have wheeled before, this is the perfect opportunity to meet up with some like-minded, happy Jeepers.

Again, if you're interested and can make it, you're in: all are welcome.

If you have any questions, ask away. I'm not set on a time yet, but I'm thinking a 10:30 - 11AM meet-up at Tolland town hall.

If you'd like to join us, please post up. Likewise, post up with any questions.

The more the merrier (within reason). I'm hoping for a turnout of at least 4-5 Jeepers, but even if it's just the wife and I, the trail WILL be run!

In case you have friends that might want to join up, TJs, YJs, XJs, etc. are also welcome. If you can wheel it, are a cool person, and want a good time, you can join us.

Last edited by MJS_Jeep_888; 10-12-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Bump for visibility. C'mon - I know some of you out there want to have at least one more fun day of wheeling before the winter shows its ugly white face...
Old 10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Bump for visibility. C'mon - I know some of you out there want to have at least one more fun day of wheeling before the winter shows its ugly white face...
I might make it.....I need to see if my son has to work that day or not, if not, I am interested.....even if he does, I'm interested......but might not make it. ....ya know what I mean?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by levi550
I might make it.....I need to see if my son has to work that day or not, if not, I am interested.....even if he does, I'm interested......but might not make it. ....ya know what I mean?
Cool - the more the merrier, and we'd love to have you. Hope that your son doesn't have to work!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm there! I'll bring my camera too.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TreyB
I'm there! I'll bring my camera too.
Awesome - welcome aboard.

I'm thinking an 11 AM meet-up at Tolland town hall, with an 11:30 sharp (don't keep us all waiting!) departure to the trail - how's that work for everyone?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Count me (us) in!

M & M,

Count me and the family in on this one. We had a blast last time and look forward to seeing you guys again.

I've got to say that you guys were very cool to wheel with.
We've been on some runs that are a drunken beer-fest and not conducive to families.
Its nice to be able to groom future Jeepers in a decent atmosphere.

Anyway, we'll be there! Thanks for organizing another run!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Default Pencil us in...

I think we can make it. If so, might bring a few others...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

i like to meet up with you guys and check out the trails, any one know about how far tolland is from weymouth and what would be the best way there?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Default Just use google maps

I take the Pike.
Use maps.google.com to "Tolland, MA". The last step says "Turn right at Granville Rd/RT-57 Continue to follow RT-57".
Just follow it until you see a little white building on the right - that's Tolland Town hall. It's around a partial blind corner, so you might pass it. I don't remember how far it is after you get on 57, but it's at least 3-4 miles. you'll pass thru Granville.
If I can make it, we can hook up on the pike that morning if you want.

Quick Reply: Tolland MA Trail Run: November 3rd - BE THERE.