Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Date of next Tolland Gathering
Friday 11/23 - need to get out in the cold to burn off the calories
15.38%
Saturday 11/24 - I'll still be sleeping Friday
76.92%
Sunday 11/25 - Just get me back in time for the Pats game
30.77%
Can't make it that weekend
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip

Old 11-21-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyB
What's this about tickets for tearing up snowmobile trails? I'm new to New England so can someone update me on these laws. Also, someone mentioned something about this being the last legal weekend to wheel. What's the deal with that?
When we were up there last, I noticed the trails were marked for snowmobiles. If there's snow on the ground, Then the trails will be only open for sleds and cross country sking. I came through the berkshires yesterday and it was snowing, about an inch on the ground. I'm going to watch the weather and hope they don't get any more snow. As most laws state, trails that are marked for sleds are only for sleds when there's snow on the ground. No exceptions.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Default Local weather reporters?

I wouldn't ask anyone to go all the way to Tolland on Turkey Day, but maybe ShadowGuys can report the snow cover in the Westfield area on Friday. Then if there's no additional snow Friday night, we'll know if it's safe.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, just watch the weather, that's all I was saying. I don't want to go all the way up there to find out the trails are only open for sleds. Any new pics on your new bumper Scott.

Last edited by Red Rubi; 11-21-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man, that's a bummer. I bet it's gonna be hard to find trails that aren't marked for sleds. We'll have to go on exploratory expeditions around the state to find some new trails, cause I don't wanna wait till spring to go wheeling again.

What about around Amherst, Pelham and Shutesbury? I always see big trail jeeps around there and a few times have even seen groups of 8 to 12. There's gotta be more trails out there.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

Even if the trails we ran last time are closed due to snow (which I doubt, given that temps are supposed to get up around 60!), there are other trails up there that can be explored.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

So far so good, there are extremely small patches of snow still on the ground right now and they are less then a centameter thick, not even close to enough for snowmobiles or skiing. I'm sure it will be fine this weekend. Rain, snow or shine I'll be there and so will shadowman024.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shadowman890
So far so good, there are extremely small patches of snow still on the ground right now and they are less then a centameter thick, not even close to enough for snowmobiles or skiing. I'm sure it will be fine this weekend. Rain, snow or shine I'll be there and so will shadowman024.
Ditto - I'll be there with the wife regardless. The MA ORV rules state that trails are open through the last Sunday of November, which means that we should be in the clear... I should point out that they're not JUST "snowmobile" trails: The group of us that kept wheeling after some of you left discovered that one of the main trails actually turns into a big dirt road (complete with houses, etc.)... so I don't see how a dirt road could be deemed "off limits."
Old 11-22-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

I will be there! Dealler called and told me all set to go at 4:30 yesterday! Although the ball is rolling with cx on lemon law I might as well use her one last time, just hope she doesn't stall on the way up or back on those whindy roads.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
I will be there! Dealler called and told me all set to go at 4:30 yesterday! Although the ball is rolling with cx on lemon law I might as well use her one last time, just hope she doesn't stall on the way up or back on those whindy roads.
You know, you could be a lot less careful this time, and if anything happens to your jeep, tell the dealership that it stalled and that's why you rolled, hit a tree, or whatever. I think we should find a place where you could do a huge jump.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the weather's gonna be a little bit chilly boys. There a high pressure system coming in from the great lakes area, but I haven't heard anything about snow or rain though.

Quick Reply: Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip