Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Date of next Tolland Gathering
Friday 11/23 - need to get out in the cold to burn off the calories
15.38%
Saturday 11/24 - I'll still be sleeping Friday
76.92%
Sunday 11/25 - Just get me back in time for the Pats game
30.77%
Can't make it that weekend
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyB
Anyone else have an idea on the number of people this trip? Seems like the group may be little bigger this time.
Looks just about the same as last time. A few new folks, but I haven't heard from Levi, and Milk may not make it, so I think we'll have 10-12 rigs.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scottcarp
Looks just about the same as last time. A few new folks, but I haven't heard from Levi, and Milk may not make it, so I think we'll have 10-12 rigs.
Sweet. If 2's company and 3's a crowd, then 12 is
(let's see - carry the 1)
a posse!

Can't wait - should be a lot of fun, and that new trail sounds cool too. I spotted a few trails on my ride up last time too, so we shouldn't ever get "bored" up there!

Just an FYI - I believe that this coming Sunday is the last legal day to wheel in MA, until some point next year... so do whatever you can to make it this Saturday!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

I would also like to join you all on Saturday. I will be driving in from Bristol.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Cool - add another to the list Scott. Any idea on the gameplan for this time out? I think I can safely assume that we'll avoid that evil "road to nowhere" that I took us down last time!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Cool - add another to the list Scott. Any idea on the gameplan for this time out? I think I can safely assume that we'll avoid that evil "road to nowhere" that I took us down last time!
No plan. As ShadowDudes said, they found some neat stuff, and Red Ruby has the whole place memorized, so I've got no problem if I'm not in the lead.
One thought is to go up the road further. I think if we take the 2nd right (yours doesn't count as one ), it will bring us into the 2nd clearing on the gas line, with the Mud Bog to the left and the Marsh That Ate The TJ to the right. If that is how Jerry brought me in back in May, then it's a nice, somewhat challenging forest run.

See you all Saturday,
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Just got home from the dealer. They have no clue what is going on and recomend, "call DCX and let them know you feel unsafe, you know start the ball on this thing..." So who knows if I'll have it by weekend with the holiday.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll see you guys there on saturday. I might have another buddie coming in an old land rover. Not sure if the xj is going to make it too. If there's snow on the ground, I might not go. I don't need a ticket for tearing up the snowmobile trails. I'll update later.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the invite. you can count me in. totally looking forward to meeting everyone. i cant wait, see u all there. thanx again.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait for this Sat. and it looks like a friend of mine may be coming along in his YJ as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's this about tickets for tearing up snowmobile trails? I'm new to New England so can someone update me on these laws. Also, someone mentioned something about this being the last legal weekend to wheel. What's the deal with that?

Quick Reply: Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip