Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Date of next Tolland Gathering
Friday 11/23 - need to get out in the cold to burn off the calories
15.38%
Saturday 11/24 - I'll still be sleeping Friday
76.92%
Sunday 11/25 - Just get me back in time for the Pats game
30.77%
Can't make it that weekend
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip

Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill be there to with my rottie also me and my friend found a new trail there which is about an hour long but there are some water crossings and some rock crawling that you could do on this trail, just let evreyone know that we found it and maybe we could try it out this saturday. I was thinking because of the rocks we might want to hit this trail first or early in the day, also just to let everyone know the water has gone up about 2-3 inches since last time and there was alittle snow on the trails as of today.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

also might have a cb but i highly doubt that i can order on and get installed by saturday.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024
also might have a cb but i highly doubt that i can order on and get installed by saturday.
I hope you mean instal it yourself. I honestly ran the wires, drilled the spare tire mount and ran power wires in under and hour. By far the easiest electronic instal other then hard wiring a radar detector. The instal is in no way hard you should be just fine getting it all in by yourself.

edit:after reading this I relized it could have been taken as a rude comment. Don't mean it that way just looking to save you a buck!

Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 11-17-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Default Agreed.

I don't know one end of a crimp tool from the other, but there's enough good writeups on this forum to DIY. Even if it's not complete by Saturday, you should be able to at least power it up for short-range use.

Cool news about the new trail.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024
Ill be there to with my rottie also me and my friend found a new trail there which is about an hour long but there are some water crossings and some rock crawling that you could do on this trail, just let evreyone know that we found it and maybe we could try it out this saturday. I was thinking because of the rocks we might want to hit this trail first or early in the day, also just to let everyone know the water has gone up about 2-3 inches since last time and there was alittle snow on the trails as of today.
As Mike said, we went to Tolland this past weekend. The new trail we found would be a perfect starting point since it dumps out right on the pipeline trail, in fact it is directly across from where we enter the pipeline trail last time. A slight word of caution, like Mike said, the water level has gone up significantly, going through the water hole that the other tj hydrolocked in, I stalled out in four hi (lucky for me I was able to restart quickly and drop it to four low) I do believe any of us can make the trail, we just simply need to be a little more careful. There was also a thin layer of ice, but that was just fun to go through

On a side note, I got my cb installed, can't wait to hit the trails

Last edited by Shadowman890; 11-19-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shadowman890
As Mike said, we went to Tolland this past weekend. The new trail we found would be a perfect starting point since it dumps out right on the pipeline trail, in fact it is directly across from where we enter the pipeline trail last time. A slight word of caution, like Mike said, the water level has gone up significantly, going through the water hole that the other tj hydrolocked in, I stalled out in four hi (lucky for me I was able to restart quickly and drop it to four low) I do believe any of us can make the trail, we just simly need to be a little more careful. There was also a thin layer of ice, but that was just fun to go through

On a side note, I got my cb installed, can't wait to hit the trails
Sounds cool - I like a challenge.

A word of advice to anyone who attends with a CAI - go slow through the water, causing as little wake as possible, while maintaining a decent engine speed. I haven't had any problems with my AIRAID, but after looking under the hood after our last Tolland run and seeing how much water and muck was NEAR my intake, I'll be creating less wake than I have before... while I enjoy putting on a show, I have no desire to hydrolock my engine!

Just remember the old maxim that "the more fun it is, the sooner you're going to break something."
Old 11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up 2 new toys...

Got my bumper installed (still sans winch - starting to get PO'd), and bought a Nikon D40X today w/200mm lens. Can't wait to try it out...
Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

hello everyone, i live in ansonia and am a new jk x unlimited owner and have no idea where to go off road here in ct. i read some where that there might be a trip to tolland planned for saturday the 24th. i would like to be able to attend a trip like this and meet some cool people and see what my jeep is capable of. but i dont know if i need to join a club, and if so which one. if there is a trip planned and anyone can go, i would love to go. please post or pm me with a meeting location and time. thanx to all.
merl
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m3rlz
hello everyone, i live in ansonia and am a new jk x unlimited owner and have no idea where to go off road here in ct. i read some where that there might be a trip to tolland planned for saturday the 24th. i would like to be able to attend a trip like this and meet some cool people and see what my jeep is capable of. but i dont know if i need to join a club, and if so which one. if there is a trip planned and anyone can go, i would love to go. please post or pm me with a meeting location and time. thanx to all.
merl
No, you don't need to be in a club or anything. Last time we went was my first jeep outing and I had a blast and felt totally welcome. So don't worry about that.

Here's a map of where we meet. The plan is to meet there between 11 and 11:30 - hit the trails at 11:30. So best bet is to try to get there at or a little before 11. If your down in CT I think there are a few people who meet up first and then ride out together. I'm sure someone else will post about that.

Anyone else have an idea on the number of people this trip? Seems like the group may be little bigger this time.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Don't know if I'll be able to make it. Had another stall this morning while doing 20 mph. Really getting sick of this 3rd time at the dealer since the last trip. Really hoping for lemon law this time around. Any one here know how that works in CT?

Quick Reply: Poll: Date of next Tolland Trip