Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Will you join your fellow Jeepers for a fun Fall ride?
DEFINITELY - I'll be there for sure.
30.00%
HOPEFULLY - I want to go, but am not sure yet if I can.
60.00%
POSSIBLY - I have some things that may conflict, but otherwise yes, I'm in!
0%
NO WAY - I definitely cannot attend on 11/8/08
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08

Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha! I'll stay tuned for concrete details. Thanks.

PS- no big mods for me (like MJS up there), but I did secure some recovery hooks from a forum member. I hope the install doesn't go as rough as it sounds like it might.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya i was just asking if people would know by thursday if there going on saturday sorry for the confusion
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok Ok Ok... big things... big things this week. My front transfer case yoke arrived this afternoon. I'll be hitting the driveshaft shop in the am. If all goes well I will have a front drive shaft by friday afternoon. I have a babysitter for saturday afternoon. So... if the drive shaft makes it in... I'll be there. I'll let you know friday afternoon. Also, trying to squeeze into the tire shop... I now have 37's However I will no longer have a spare tire.

Anyone out there happen to have a 315/75 R16 or 325/80 R 16 laying around???? I don't care what the tread looks like as long as it holds air at this point.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

good news. guy at NTB called and shes all fixed ill have it back by tomorrow. second tid bit of good news is i was able to get my wheels and tires so they are also on as well. my dad called me said he picked it up for me, drove it at around 70 hitting bumps and all kinds of crap and he said not once did the DW kick in. im goen up tomorrow night to get her, so Saturday is looking good for me.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Here's the latest for me: My JK's lifted, the front diff is regeared, and the shop is waiting on parts to complete the rear diff. Driveshafts happen tomorrow, as does the "shakedown" run, assuming the rear diff gets completed today (still haven't heard).

At this point it's iffy that I'll be able to join, but I'll keep you posted when I know more. If I can't go, please don't let me keep you guys from getting together!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

got home today to pick her up and they had ordered the wrong tires, AHHH. the BFG mud terrain T/A KMs got ordered instead of the KM2s, ill have to wheel on my stock goodyears sat and they will have my KM2s waiting for me when i get back from wheeling saturday. minor speed bump, but what can you do.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

As of 5:00 PM I am now riding on 37's. Still waiting on my driveshaft. I'll let you know tomorrow night.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Junkie

I think I'm going to have to sit this one out - still waiting for word back from the shop. Since I won't be getting my Jeep back until tonight (at earliest) I don't think it's a good idea to go off-road without a few days of "shakedown" behind me... if something goes wrong, I'd rather it be on the road than on the trail.

I'll keep an eye out for other threads, if you guys want to get together again sometime before the ice and snow. Sorry to miss out, but have fun out there!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

i have such a fucking head ace from my lift, its getting to the point where im really starting to regret putting it on. i was on my way back down to CT today when not once but 3 times in about 10 min i had the DW come back while i was on the pike, got home and immediately began checking everything my self. the front axle was still off by about 3/4". when i had picked it up at NTB my buddy that works there told me they are not allowed to touch the aftermarket stuff unless they put it on. i got the front axle as centred as i could possibly get it, took it for a drive and it feels better but i wasnt able to get it up to 65 and hit bumps to see if i could re create it. well while i was driving the check engine came on and its throwing B1640: FRONT RIGHT TURN CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH.

now the other issue is the tires. how likely is it that unbalanced tires with basicly no tread left on them could cause sever shaking of om jeep (im talking guy behind me on the pike pulled over when i did and said he thought i was going to flip)

when i had the new wrong tires on, on my way to swap them for the old ones while i wait for the right one to come in on mon/tuesday, i hit the same spots at similar speeds on my way to the shop, same place i first experienced the DW, and it didnt shake, this is why i feel like its more of a tire isseu than anything.

im gona go ahead and say im not going to make it tomorrow, if i couldnt make it to 495 (2 exits) theres no way im going to be able to make it all the way out to west field tomorrow. sorry I had to bag, for who evers going have fun.

sry for the vent, im real pissed!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why don't we all take a day off work next week and go, so then I can go!!

Quick Reply: End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08