Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Will you join your fellow Jeepers for a fun Fall ride?
DEFINITELY - I'll be there for sure.
30.00%
HOPEFULLY - I want to go, but am not sure yet if I can.
60.00%
POSSIBLY - I have some things that may conflict, but otherwise yes, I'm in!
0%
NO WAY - I definitely cannot attend on 11/8/08
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08

Old 11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do it right the aftermarket simple hooks will work fine. You could even cut them into the plastic after.

I got mine for $5.00 each. Pro Comp in black. Had it all measured up and ready to install then decided to buy the new bumper instead. Just mount them directly over the frame rails.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Hey all -

Sorry I've been away for so long (on my own thread!)... just got back from Chicago where a couple good friends got married. Thanks to everyone else for picking up the slack and planning things out.

So, it sounds like the majority of folks want to do Westfield, right? What Friendly's do you meet up at? Just let me know the location and time, and I'll be there if I can -

P.S. I bit the bullet and am having someone install my lift this week... should be done in plenty of time before the weekend, but there's a slight chance that my Jeep will be out of commission. I'll keep you posted when I know more.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

My entire ability to go this weekend now rests on the balance of wether or not Tom Woods drive shafts sent me the correct yoke for my transfer case. I'm not thinking I want to attempt this trail in 2 wheel drive. Tolland I could... westfield... I don't think so. If it weren't so far away from home I might attempt it....
Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

mike i just got my self into a similar situation, i spent all day sat and sun putting my lift on, looks kick ass and went together without a hitch. took it this morning to get an alignmet done and then later on my way back down to CT before i was getting onto the pike i took a corner and had the most intense, tire boucing death wobble ever, i mean it was bad and scared me half to death thats why i left it and took a train back.

heres a link to the post i made describing everything https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...8&postcount=46

if all goes well, I'm hoping to have it back by Thursday, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Hey all -

Sorry I've been away for so long (on my own thread!)... just got back from Chicago where a couple good friends got married. Thanks to everyone else for picking up the slack and planning things out.

So, it sounds like the majority of folks want to do Westfield, right? What Friendly's do you meet up at? Just let me know the location and time, and I'll be there if I can -

P.S. I bit the bullet and am having someone install my lift this week... should be done in plenty of time before the weekend, but there's a slight chance that my Jeep will be out of commission. I'll keep you posted when I know more.
What did you get for a lift?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok so when should people no definatly if they can go on thursday?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

for me, yes thursday
Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tomb raider
What did you get for a lift?
I went with the Full Traction 3" Ultimate... don't have the Jeep back yet, so can't tell you how great it is yet.

Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024
The shop that's doing the work for me ran into some issues with the regear... apparently the stock gearing in the rear diff had way too much metal in it, and wasn't looking too good. That's going to set my build back a day or two, but it still sounds hopeful that I'll have my Jeep back by end-of-week. I'll post up as soon as I know more, but for now, I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be up and running by end-of-week.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024 View Post

Hi,

Is the trail run happening on Thursday now? I was under the impression that it's on Saturday the 8th in Westfield. Are there details on the meeting place and time? Thanks a lot.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024 View Post

Hi,

Is the trail run happening on Thursday now? I was under the impression that it's on Saturday the 8th in Westfield. Are there details on the meeting place and time? Thanks a lot.
I think there's a little confusion, and I had to re-read some stuff to understand, too. Shadowman024 was asking when we'd know if we'd be able to go on Saturday, and was asking if we'd know by Thursday...

Quick Reply: End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08