Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Will you join your fellow Jeepers for a fun Fall ride?
DEFINITELY - I'll be there for sure.
30.00%
HOPEFULLY - I want to go, but am not sure yet if I can.
60.00%
POSSIBLY - I have some things that may conflict, but otherwise yes, I'm in!
0%
NO WAY - I definitely cannot attend on 11/8/08
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08

Old 10-30-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, sorry I havn't been around, I'm going to try and make it but as some of you know, my rig is currently not trail ready (need new u joints and change of all fluids) If I can gather the cash to fix it, I'm in.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

sean i know how you feel, the fj is going in for some much needed lubing lol also its making vibrations when i put it into reverse so that cant be good.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Westfield ummmm.... ok... so now I'm looking for a baby sitter for the 8 month old. If my drive shaft is fixed by then that is. Should be. If I can make it I'll have my 4 year old with me. I'll let you guys know by the end of next week.

Need to know. meet at 10. Hit the trail by??? how long of a ride is it usually up and back??? Very important info for the baby sitter.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are we talking Westfield or Tolland? I would like to go, but I have a stock Rubicon (with sliders), no lift and stock tires - and I have NEVER been on a trail. Which location are you all planning to go to and which one would be best for a stock newbie??

Eric
Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock vehicles can handle both, IMO.

I think the ride to the top was a few hours and we took the short way out. I think we were on the trail for 4hrs give or take. I could be totally wrong there.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

time for the bad news and the good news. bad news first, money situation just took a dump and it looks like im gona have to hold off on the tires for a while (really not happy about this) good news is im still going and if we are doing westfield im gona give it one hell of a shot stock.

Texs glad to hear you might be able to make it considering the last two we were gona go on got fudged up
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stock is fine just might bang a little bit on the bottom. I would say we were up there for about 4 hours too. So do we have a time set yet
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Hi,

I'd really like to get in on this. Have a location (or time) been cemented? If I don't have tow hooks, is it a deal-breaker?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeb
Hi,

I'd really like to get in on this. Have a location (or time) been cemented? If I don't have tow hooks, is it a deal-breaker?

I would say you really need tow hooks. The cheap way out would be to take off the plastic junk on the front bumper for the weekend. Leaving the metal bumper You should be able to bolt a tow hook or two to the top of the bumper like the old tj's and yj's. You can usually get a set of tow hooks from autozone or the like for under $20.00. You could always get a set of stock tow hooks from someone that got rid of the factory stuff.

Last case... wrap a tow strap around your front bumper as close to the frame rail as possible and hope for the best. I would still recomend taking the plastic off. It will get fubar'ed... you can always tweak and then re-tweak the steel and put the plastic back on later and no-one would ever know any better unless they were there to see it get tweaked.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Tex. I've got to get some hooks.

Quick Reply: End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08