Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Will you join your fellow Jeepers for a fun Fall ride?
DEFINITELY - I'll be there for sure.
30.00%
HOPEFULLY - I want to go, but am not sure yet if I can.
60.00%
POSSIBLY - I have some things that may conflict, but otherwise yes, I'm in!
0%
NO WAY - I definitely cannot attend on 11/8/08
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08

Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
Are they 15s?? What's the bs? Some people have shaved their caliper a bit.
the cragar 397s have 4" of back spacing, i checked the street lock D windows which dont look 1/2 bad, and they had 3.75 which would fit no problem, but they cost twice as much compared the the 397s. there's no way im going to grind on my calipers, i know people have done it and have said they dont have problems but theres just something about grinding brake components that doesnt sit easy with me.

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
I know the 15 setup is cheaper. But, it isn't worth the hassle. Blow the extra coin for the 16's and you won't have any problems. Hell.. I need 37's.. come buy mine... lol
very tempting, i really want a 15x10 so that when i put the 33s on they will give me a very aggressive look, im going to NTB tomorrow, my dad called around for me and found my tires there for somewhere in the ball park of 170 a pop and the guy has a bunch of used wheels that im gona go look at and hopefully he'll have something that will work out for me, if not ill let ya know

i really hope i get this all worked out b4 the run, its gona be close, if not oh well, still will be fun.

Last edited by JdTms11; 10-28-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JdTms11
the cragar 397s have 4" of back spacing, i checked the street lock D windows which dont look 1/2 bad, and they had 3.75 which would fit no problem, but they cost twice as much compared the the 397s. there's no way im going to grind on my calipers, i know people have done it and have said they dont have problems but theres just something about grinding brake components that doesnt sit easy with me.

very tempting, i really want a 15x10 so that when i put the 33s on they will give me a very aggressive look, im going to NTB tomorrow, my dad called around for me and found my tires there for somewhere in the ball park of 170 a pop and the guy has a bunch of used wheels that im gona go look at and hopefully he'll have something that will work out for me, if not ill let ya know

i really hope i get this all worked out b4 the run, its gona be close, if not oh well, still will be fun.

If you wheel that Jeep with that setup your most likely going to have fender rubbing issues. As well as the long arm of the law bugging you. Your going to have tread sticking out about 3-4 inches. This will come up and hit the fenders when wheeling. Also, it is illegal to have the tires out of the fenders. Your starting out with a half inch less backspacing then you really should and then adding another 2" because of the 10" wide wheel. The other issue with 10" wide wheels is when your wheeling. The 2" wider wheel will make you more prone to blown beads and rim damage.

Good luck
Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya im not saying a lift is needed to do this run just on a couple of spots like the rock face if you wish to climb it would be wise to have a lift, jeepinmass did the trail with exception to the rock face with rubicon tires and a diff cover i believe.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHADOWMAN024
Ya im not saying a lift is needed to do this run just on a couple of spots like the rock face if you wish to climb it would be wise to have a lift, jeepinmass did the trail with exception to the rock face with rubicon tires and a diff cover i believe.
That is correct. My jeep is stock suspension with rubi wheels/tires, rock rails, and diff covers. I did crush my charcoal canister on the run though. I've since put a skid on that so I should be good to go....next time I get out there

Here is a quick vid of part of the trail.

Here is a picture at the top
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be interested too.
Just need to know definite details and check w/ wife
I have been looking for a chance to wheel my JK stock.
I ordered a 2.5" Tera Flex coil lift this Monday from Northridge
so this would be a perfect opportunity prelift.
Personally my vote would be Tolland as it is closer to me and sounds easier for a first timer.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

when we all say Tolland on here we mean in MA not Tolland CT just in case that's what u were thinking.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

i remember that trip was fun but buggy as hell.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK Tolland or Westfield MASS:
I'm stll a first timer so I would go for the easier route.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

So we are just shy of a week away, and thers at least 3 people - one being shadow whos gona ride with me. Do we want to finalize this and shoot for the Westfield trail, Tolland is fun and all but a change of scenery, and difficulty would be nice. use the usual meeting spot and time? friendlys 9am for breakfast, 10 am otherwise?

thoughts?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say we do westfield change of areas would be better, in all seriousness guys newbies can do this trail, there are some tight spots but since im leaving my rig at friendlys i can help spot theres only one tight spot on the trail that really needs spotting and then the rest is optional,

Quick Reply: End-of-Autumn, "Last Day of Jeepin' " before Winter run: 11/08/08