Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Customer Service is no longer!!!!!!! TOWN FAIR TIRE SUCKS!!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service is no longer!!!!!!! TOWN FAIR TIRE SUCKS!!!!

So I went to the Town Fair Tire by Fox Run Mall in Portsmoth, NH yesterday to check out a quote on some new shoes for the JK. FIRST the employee saw my wrangler and asked if it was a liberty.

Already starting off on the wrong foot. So I told him I wanted a quote for some 305 70 16's on 16x8 wheels. After some research on his state of the art computer program he tells me that 16 inch wheels wont fit on my JK. I explain that the base model JK come with a 16 inch wheel off the lot. HE STILL insisted that the new 2012's don't fit 16's and that they only come with 17's or 18's. THEN after more research he tells me that the 305 or 33 inch tires wont fit on my jeep without a lift kit. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor with all the stupidity flowing from thisguys mouth. I DIDNT EVEN BOTHER BRINGING UP THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE RUNNING 33'S WITH NO LIFT. Every time i explained something to him, he would tell me I was wrong.

NEEDLESS TO SAY......but I will say anyways. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE. Just pay them a visit if you want to see that retarded people can get good jobs too.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

I guess my Thread title was a little unfair. But i did specifically mention the portsmouth store.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Guessing it depends on what Town Fair Tire you go to. I called the one next town over from me in Brockton MA asking about new tires and got excellent customer service. The guy walked through every option they have in 315/75/16 with no "this will not fit your Jeep comments". In fact, I got quotes on Toyo Open Country M/T that are way lower than anything I've seen online. Even the Nitto Trail Grapplers were way cheaper on price which included the mounting ana balancing (which would be extra if I bought the tires just online). For the record, the Toyos were pricing cheaper than the Nittos which is not something I've ever seen. Frankly, I was shocked at their prices and customer service so more than likely I will be going there if I decide to switch out my current 35's.
My experience in Norwalk, CT was similar. They DID raise an eye when I requested 37's but convinced them with my mods that it will fit no problem. Also when I bought my first set of Toyos in 315, I too was shocked at the cheaper price.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Just don't have them give you an alignment. They have no idea what they're doing with a modded jeep. Took my wife's scion there for snow tires, drive straight when I brought it there, they insisted on alignment with snow tired so I said ok. Now I don't have to touch the wheel to make left turns. Too bad I want to drive straight.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Ok....I retract my comment on town fair. I just got toyos through them by doing price match on their Internet site. Very easy to do but it showed me how fraudulent tire pricing really is. Before I dud Internet match, I had called them and the guy told me $320 a tire. Great price on 315/75/16 toyos. I did some Internet search and found them for $290 so I called TF back. Spoke to a different guy who said "I can do those for $349 a tire". I hung up. Went to the website, put in the Internet stuff I found and town fair came back at $280 a tire.

So pricing is such a scam on tires and I was quite pissed about it but whatever...I'm getting them at a great price...right?

Ok, onto install day. I get there and service tech tells me he can't mount the tires on my wheels with the current lug nuts. Tells me I need to go out and buy new aftermarket ones otherwise they won't work on my jeep. I fight this for a bit listening to their ignorant excuses and I finally give in and go to auto zone for new ones

I return and the alignment tech asks me a bunch of questions and one request I had was to adjust my caster to 4.2 to 4.5 degrees. He says no problem. Walks out to my jeep and says "I can't adjust your caster because you removed the caster bolt when you installed these rods". I asked what the hell are you talking about and he points to my adjustable control arms.

Now, I'm no tech but come on.....so I explain the basics of a fully adjustable suspension and he looks at me like I'm crazy. I tell him exact specs and he says ok. Now I'm scared

I pick up my jeep a few hours later and they tell me my alignment was a complete mess before but they got it mostly in line to the best of their ability. Caster still at 2 or slightly lower so I ask why. They told me they didn't touch any of the components. They centered my steering wheel and that's about it. So....how could they have fixed a complete disaster if all they did was center an almost perfectly centered steering wheel??

I showed the before and after pics to people and they all agree that TF did nothing but center the steering wheel or.....take a before picture with the wheels intentionally turned to put it out of whack for the reading.

Useless......oh...and they possibly mounted my tires wrong to boot since they ignored the yellow dot on the tires and didn't line the valve stem up with them. So balancing took a lot more weight than probably needed.

I'll gladly pay more per tire to avoid going back. Sorry to the OP for disagreeing with his opinion.

Here is my before and after pic.
Wow. I'll never do an alignment through them.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah, dont bother having them try to do an alignment. they wont touch it with adjustable arms, so all you are paying them to do is center the wheel which takes 2 minutes to do. learned this lesson 3 years ago. did have a good tire purchase experience with them though.

Quick Reply: Customer Service is no longer!!!!!!! TOWN FAIR TIRE SUCKS!!!!