Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Zone offroad 3" lift experience?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Calypso
This may be true, especially if you have a 2 dr. With a 4 dr and a 3" lift, you'll be fine without control arms and you can add them later if you want.
right, but we had a 4 door snap a driveshaft in Moab. He had to buy a new driveshaft and adjustable control arms at the same time
Luckly his pinion was close enough not to cause issues on the trail and driving around until he could get adjustables

A quick call to Fulltraction and they delivered a set to the vendor show for him
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
I'd still buy the Teraflex--if only because of the support to our community here & on other forums, events, etc. Joe will take care of you if you have questions.
Thanks planman!

JKGrapple if you have any questions, feel free to call me.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lower control arms

I'd still buy the Teraflex--if only because of the support to our community here & on other forums, events, etc. Joe will take care of you if you have questions.
I am totaly sold on the teraflex 2.5 coil lift. Quick question (sorry to bust in on this post, I WAS interested in the Zone kit) I did see some fixed lower front control arms from Teraflex that I may want to add to this kit that measure 23" ..... isn't that only 1/2 inch longer than stock? Will that be long enough to adjust caster? Thanks everyone!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COSahara4Dr
I am totaly sold on the teraflex 2.5 coil lift. Quick question (sorry to bust in on this post, I WAS interested in the Zone kit) I did see some fixed lower front control arms from Teraflex that I may want to add to this kit that measure 23" ..... isn't that only 1/2 inch longer than stock? Will that be long enough to adjust caster? Thanks everyone!
you have a 4 door you won't need lowers, and if you do get CAs spring for the adjustable in case you ever go taller

Last edited by greenamphibious; 04-16-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
you have a 4 door you won't need lowers, and if you do get CAs spring for the adjustable in case you ever go taller
Cool, thanks! Are the 4 door CA's longer, or just not an issue with the long wheelbase? Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Cool, thanks! Are the 4 door CA's longer, or just not an issue with the long wheelbase? Thanks again!
longer wheelbase helps. That doesn't mean no one ever need CAs with a 2.5" lift... bot 98% don't
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

The stock control arms are the same length on both the 4dr & 2dr JKs.
earn something new everyday
Old 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex JK arms are all adjustable (upper/lower/short/long), I would never suggest fixed arms on a JK.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3 inch Zone lift. I love the ride on the road and did some moderate trails with it and it was fine. I have had TJ's with better lifts but for the money and because this is my Daily driver, I am not going to do anything to crazy with it. I have 33's but could have gone with 35's easily. Check out my profile and you can see picks. I know the 3 inch teraflex gives you more like 4 in of lift and I was concerned about changin my drive shafts. I did use the cam casters with the kit and I probably would tell you to not. Get control arms eventually. I also changed my Steering stablilizer to a Fox and bought a JKS adj front track bar. Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

i have the zone 3" kit and LOVE the softer ride but i dont have the adj. control arms or adj. track bars so my steering is STUPID FLIGHTY on the interstate...i didnt have the money all up front to buy the teraflex kit and was impatient so i bought this one....im definately happy b/c it is a great quality lift but i DO have more to buy to make it comfortable to drive at faster speeds...if you have the extra money up front to buy the teraflex kit i'd go that route b/c i've heard nothing but great things about them and GOOD CUST. SERVICE GOES A VERY VERY LONG WAY....but if you're short on cash then it is a decent buy for the price....but don't expect to get any more lift out of it than advertised...now that mine has settled it only net me 2.5" so i will be frankenlifting this kit and building off of it....here's a few picks

hope that helps you out a bit

Last edited by ben1284; 04-16-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: pic

Quick Reply: Zone offroad 3" lift experience?