Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Zone offroad 3" lift experience?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zone offroad 3" lift experience?

Wanted to know if anyone had any experience with Zoneoffroad.com.

They have a 3" lift thats has: coils, new shocks, trackbar, 2" bump stops, extended sway bars, and brake line relocation. Its like $359.00 through a local shop. Seems like alot of bang for the buck, but I'm abviously nervous since I haven't heard about this company.

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a few running them that seem to like them. They are just rebranded BDS kits with no lifetime warranty.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Greenamphib. your a big help on my lift questions. Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks planman.

So are your quys saying you would prefer to spend $442.00 on the 2.5 Teraflex spring lift with the shock extensions or would you buy the Zone for $359.00 which has the shocks?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKGrapple
Greenamphib. your a big help on my lift questions. Thanks again!
I try to mix a little insight with a lot of smartass... most people get it Helps that I have friends that own 4x4 shops.... learn a lot that way
Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks planman.

So are your quys saying you would prefer to spend $442.00 on the 2.5 Teraflex spring lift with the shock extensions or would you buy the Zone for $359.00 which has the shocks?
TF is tried and true with JKs. Although Zone/BDS is a decent product. I would price out th extras that you get with TF and add it to the $359 pricetag of zone and go form there. One other thing (and I get no kickback) is Joe "Teraflex" is an active member on this site, something to be said for customer support.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am confused. I thought the the Zone had all the same parts as Teraflex WITH the shocks. What am I missing? Since I have used teraflex before I am learning toward them, but I like to save $ if it makes sense (and sometimes when it doesn't.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

I think I am confused. I thought the the Zone had all the same parts as Teraflex WITH the shocks. What am I missing? Since I have used teraflex before I am learning toward them, but I like to save $ if it makes sense (and sometimes when it doesn't.
in the long run you wont save money. You'll need the control arms like planman said.

If its a street jeep, you'll probley be fine however
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like it... looks like it has cam bolts to I would just pass on those... other than that only thing missing is the cool TF sticker Bumpstops look cheesy (not a huge deal)

Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
in the long run you wont save money. You'll need the control arms like planman said.

If its a street jeep, you'll probley be fine however
This may be true, especially if you have a 2 dr. With a 4 dr and a 3" lift, you'll be fine without control arms and you can add them later if you want.

Quick Reply: Zone offroad 3" lift experience?