Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Zone 2" lift

Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zone 2" lift

I'm having the Zone 2" spacer lift put on today for 150+tax I paid 129 for the lift itself
anyone else have this lift?

I'm going to use my stock shocks for now.
how limited with travel do you think I will be by using these?

this is my jeep now
I will post pics of the after.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...065&i=12520960

sorry I couldn't get it to paste click free.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're paying tax on labor (the install)??
Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IPvFletch
You're paying tax on labor (the install)??
Many states have sales tax on services, not just products. Especially if the service is performed at a "store" location like a garage.

Looks like they charged 2 hours labor. That's about average for a BB lift.

Congrats and post pics!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

yeah, if they can tax anything in AR, they will.

I'll be sure to post some after pics.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Zone 3" lift and like it so far.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

does anyone know if I will have to get adj. track bars front and/or rear?

the shops I called are telling me no and from what I've read, it looks like I won't but, I know YMMV.

the reason I only went with 2" is that i figured I wouldn't have to do any major driveline/suspension mods.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

I ALSO HAVE THE ZONE 3IN. W/ NO ADJ. TRACK BARS OR ANY AFTERMARKET DRIVELINE PRODUCTS AND MINE DRIVES BETTER THAN STOCK IMO...SO YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY BE OK WITH NO ADJ TRACK BARS ON THE 2"...LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD I'LL EVENTUALLY UPGRADE EVERYTHING JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND...BUT IT DOES FINE FOR MOW.....OH AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! GLAD YOU FOUND US!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

well, dropped it off this evening after work and
will pick it up tomorrow after work.
( I hated leaving her)
I thought i had it bad with my YJ, but I'm head over hills with my Rubi.

as you can see from the picture I have a rough country winch mount
& Smittybilt XRC8,& 2 hella's mounted to the windshield.
I also have a sierra rack, with hi-lift mounted to spare tire carrier on the rear.

next paycheck and I will have enuff in savings to unload on some goodies
Rock-hard cage kit.
Rock-hard evap skid.
Skid-Row engine/trans skid.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had both the 2 inch and 3 inch Zone, and had no issues at all. They were both very easy to install and ride great. I am sure you'll be very happy. Congrats
Old 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

well, yesterday was hell.
sh*tty day at work, topped off by going to pick up my jeep, only to be told
it wasn't ready. guy said they were having hell getting the front to align.
said he hated that I drove all the way out and it wasn't ready. I told him a simple phone call to let me know would have helped. ( it was 4:45pm and the shop closed at 5, so it wasn't like I showed up early) so I go home jeepless. about 10pm I go to turn the heat up at home and find out the thermo-coupler has gone out and it's too late to run to the store to get one. so I go to sleep pissed off and cold.

and then onto today. I had already take off early from work to take my jeep to the shop and to try pick it up. so I asked my mom ( who works in the area to pick it up) and gave her my money.
for some reason I knew I was gonna get a phone call. sure enuff I did.
my mom said the guys trying to tell her it was 580.00. i said let me speak to him.
dude proceeds to tell me they have installed shocks and a cam kit to get the caster right so it would align. that I would hyper-extend the factory shocks too.

I calmy proceeded to lose my frigging mind on this guy, telling him that I didn't need any of that stuff and that I had already talked to Zone directly about the need for adjustable track bars ,shocks and/or any ohter driveline modifications and they said i would need none.

he said well I can just take the stuff back off, I told him fine, take all my stuff off and box it back up and I would be there to pick it up and take it to a different shop.
hung the phone up with him and then called over to the main store where they sell all the products and asked to speak to a manager. guy said he(the manager) wasn't in his office and did I want his voice mail, I said sure. I proceededto tell this guys voice mail just how I felt about his shops piss poor customer service with my jeep being late and no phone call and how I felt treated very shitty since I was basically lied to about the cost of this install and that i was never called and informed that I was going to "need" these other parts or the cost of them. that the shop just put them on and expected me to pay for it. I said I am coming to pick up my jeep tomorrow and It better ride right and be back to factory spec.
I also said I don't expect to pay for a thing. if he had any questions or comments feel free to call me, them left my name and #.

got a phone call about 10 minutes later from the shop guy, telling me my jeep would be ready tomorrow and he was just going to take the shocks off and give me this "kit" for the alignment and it was going to cost 150.00 like he first stated. that he was very sorry for the misunderstanding and he would make it right. i thanked him for making it right and hung up.

so tomorrow we will see.

Quick Reply: Zone 2" lift