Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

yukon grizzly locker clicking .. Normal?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yukon grizzly locker clicking .. Normal?

Hey guys I have a 2010 JKU with 35" duratracs, 5.13 yukon gears and a Yukon Grizzly rear locker. I went to Rausch Creek two weeks ago and now im hearing a clicking when making slow turns like pulling in or out of parking spots. If I move straight forward or back there is no clicking which makes me believe it has to do with the Locker. Is this normal or the characteristics of the Yukon Grizzly locker. I am going to change the fluid this weekend. At Rausch I did drive through some fender deep water but dont think that should be the cause of this issues. Any ideas. This locker has only been in the jeep for a little over a month. Thanks for any help
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

totally normal its a mechanical locker.

David
Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

thanks i was just wondering why now all of a sudden i started hearing it. wasnt sure if something was out of line or damaged. it clicks with every tire roation while turning.
Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
totally normal its a mechanical locker.

David
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JS1122
thanks i was just wondering why now all of a sudden i started hearing it. wasnt sure if something was out of line or damaged. it clicks with every tire roation while turning.
My Yukon Grizzly does the same. It did get a little quieter after I changed to gear oil after the gear break-in period for the new gears that were installed at the same time as the locker.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

thanks .......
Originally Posted by JurassicJeep
My Yukon Grizzly does the same. It did get a little quieter after I changed to gear oil after the gear break-in period for the new gears that were installed at the same time as the locker.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

makes me feel a little bit better i will change the fluid maybe it will quite down some

Quick Reply: yukon grizzly locker clicking .. Normal?