Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Youve got $6000 and a 2015 4dr WILLYS and go.............

Old 04-02-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WILLYSwildcat

Planned on just keeping the stock shocks on man
I gained a little over 3in with the lift and don't think the stock shocks will be able to handle the flex or height provided. If you stick with this option I would really consider getting relocation brackets, but if you wheel DEFINITELY get new shocks. The stock shocks are designed to work with the stock springs. MC springs are dual rate and I'm not sure how well the shocks will pair with them.

Check out Rancho. They have a really awesome deal going on right now that allows a trial with money back guarantee. I ran the 9000s on my 2dr and aS pretty happy with them. But I'm still sticking with the idea that MC put in a lot of R/D into the design of the kit And why they chose the shocks they did.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Former Member

As far as seat covers Trek Armour are the best from the general consensus, but they are also the most expensive. When they drop to $50 or less per seat cover is when I will finally buy them.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Muscles
As far as seat covers Trek Armour are the best from the general consensus, but they are also the most expensive. When they drop to $50 or less per seat cover is when I will finally buy them.
Cheap bastard lol bet you have a rough country lift on your jeep too lol ..... Trek Armor great product and fit ... Spend a bit more now.. Do it right once!!! OR cheap out and replace cheapies again and again costing you more in the long run.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Planned on just keeping the stock shocks on man
Then you need shock extensions. You'll lose half your travel otherwise as you have to run extended bump stops. Plus, you will barely have any shock extension left (bad idea and not safe handling).

As noted in another comment, plan on adding C-gussets. You can bend the Cs with 35s even by hitting a pothole. Fix the issue now for $60 before you have to spend $2k on a new axle housing.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

So the advertising "Designed to use Stock Shocks (or you can choose to add any aftermarket shock)." Is BS, or do they just mean capable but not a good idea.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the advertising "Designed to use Stock Shocks (or you can choose to add any aftermarket shock)." Is BS, or do they just mean capable but not a good idea.
The Metalcloak kit comes with shock extensions.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think that is more targeted as you do not need to change anything in the shock department to get the lift to run. They include new brake lines because of the amount of travel and height is not recommended on stock lines when you start to flex, now think about using your stock shocks. If you flex them, they will open up to max and could get damaged. Then you can't sell them, and spent money to get relocation brackets to make it work for a little. So yes, it is a much better idea to get new shocks.

Send MC and email with any questions you have. Ask about shocks and any little concern you think even might show up. I spent over a month going back and forth with them and they were fantastic to deal with and really stand behind their product. I originally decided to get the q-disco option because I wanted to be able to disco manually and maybe gain a little more travel, or in case the e-disco failed (as they have been known to do). But then after I installed my lift I decided I wanted to be lazy and stay in the cab and press a button. No questions asked they shipped new solid links to me and i sent the others back. Really fantastic company to deal with and quickly becoming a top name in the jeep industry.

Again, check out Rancho if you want to keep shock cost low. They have some good rebates every once in a while and the shocks are pretty good quality. And they are now offering a 90 day money back. If you don't like them, you get your money back, and even up to $50 per shock for install cost. But, I love the ride of my lift with the OME shocks. You can really tell MC put in a lot of effort to find a shock that paired well with their springs and kit. And now they even offer fox 2.0 shocks with the kit if you really wanna get crazy.
Limited Lifetime Warranty / 90-Day Risk-Free Ride Offer

But, everything we do is all personal preference and based on what we are using our jeep for. I knew I wanted a quality lift that could provide as much flex as possible without having to get 3.5"-4" of lift. My COG is low and I am more then impressed with off road capability that a 2.5" lift has given me. I was really between MC and RK and have no regrets about my decision, but if I chose RK I know they are fantastic company and would probably love the product they have. I also liked the joint they advertised (yea their marketing worked on me), the fact that the arms and most of the other parts were chromo, and completeness of the kit. Now in the future I'll upgrade to the rest of the MC control arms, taller MC springs, and the 6paks (way down the road).

Since you are getting 35s, a winch, flats, bumpers, etc. I was assuming you were going to be wheeling and flexing out your jeep. And because of that is why i recommended getting new longer travel shocks.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Rodger that, im picking up what your dropping

If I replace the shocks, I would just get the set up with the OMEs.

Most my off-roading needs will be in the future, when hopefully I get stationed back up north. Right now im stuck in west Texas and there isn't much right around me. With that said though I don't want to put something in now just to replace later.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very happy with the OMEs that came with my MC kit. Well except the color.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a set of 5 take off 17" wheels with Goodyear tires with about 1500 miles on them for $450 on craigslist. I had a set of 5-35x12.5 with 60% tread w/wheels and spacers that I couldn't sell for months, finally took $500. My point is you probably won't get what you think for yours and you could find a pretty good deal on wheels for less than you think. Good luck

Quick Reply: Youve got $6000 and a 2015 4dr WILLYS and go.............