Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Your thoughts on a rear stinger...

Old 02-01-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smuhhh
This is coming from someone who knows nothing about hardcore wheeling... but what is that for?
a few things really. Holds your spare, can help prevent tipping backwards, can minimize damage if your wife/gf backs the jeep into a basketball goal, and most importantly it looks bad ass (and says "hey I am hardcore").
Old 02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how hard it would be to open up the rear cargo door with a true stinger??
Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregkuiper
I wonder how hard it would be to open up the rear cargo door with a true stinger??
that would depend 100% on the design of the unit. If it attaches to crusher corners like most do, then it would be a huge pain. Most of those have to have the pins on the corners pulled out and then the unit swings down. The Evo unit has two pins you pull out of johnny joints and the unit swings to the side. Which would be way EZier. I could be wrong about the EVO one though.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

I wana keep this one alive...anybody have any updates on the evo carrier? I need a carrier but don't want to drop a grand and then have evo's come out...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:55 AM
JK Junkie

It certainly looks cool but it's not going to start keeping you from landing on your lid until your at least half way there.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on a rear stinger...