Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Your thoughts on a rear stinger...

Old 08-14-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PONCH
PSC is not working on a rear stinger for the JK at this time...sucks.
I was wondering if they were, that does suck. I honestly don't think it would be that hard to make (with the proper equipment), the top tub attachment points would be the hardest to anchor.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

They said maybe in the future but not right now. They are working on some other stuff. The said rear tubes, corner crushers, and cage(s) are in the cards right now.

I'm sure if enough people wanted a rear stinger they would make them. I think those corner crushers have to become available first.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PONCH
They said maybe in the future but not right now. They are working on some other stuff. The said rear tubes, corner crushers, and cage(s) are in the cards right now.

I'm sure if enough people wanted a rear stinger they would make them. I think those corner crushers have to become available first.
yup, you have to have that reinforcement for the tub.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

That's what I thought. So as soon as that is released I am going to stat hasseling them to build the stinger.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

river raider is working on one witrh there rear panels

cant wait
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YOGURT
Off Road Evo is making one due to come out soon. It opens to the side, not at the bottom. Im just patiently waiting.
That looks superb !!! Does it hinge and swing the opposite way from the spare tire carrier, or is the spare mounted in stock position on the rear gate ? Can see a hi-lift mounted on the back also. Would love to see photos taken from the other corner also....
cheers
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

One of the SEMA videos has some more about the carrier and the quarter panel plating. River Raider also has one that is the swing down style. It could probably be mounted to any aftermarket steel bumper, but you will need the corner plates. There are pictures on their website
Old 02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i like it but the tire still sits below it, doen't seem as functional at the PSC one, a friend of mine was wheeling and bashed the rear tire on the ground. it messed up his rear gate pretty badly
Old 02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that carrier. It looks like it is giving the tire and the back of the Jeep a big hug.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is coming from someone who knows nothing about hardcore wheeling... but what is that for?

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on a rear stinger...