Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

You guys bought all the 35" Duratracs....ughhhh

Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys bought all the 35" Duratracs....ughhhh

Tried to buy some today for my JKU coming in two weeks and my local tire store and the local goodyear store both said they are out in all warehouses in the country. Nice.....
Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been that way for months now. It ried to buy some back on October 1st, same story. Glad they were though, the KM2s I ahve instead are much better off road and are suprisingly quiet. Very happy for the back order, thank you border patrol!!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Just bought some for my DD. Because I needed an obscure size, it turns out they have some in stock, locally!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine last Tuesday.... Discount tire had them in stocks at all three warehouses at the time..... They are worth the wait....
Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kneeman
Tried to buy some today for my JKU coming in two weeks and my local tire store and the local goodyear store both said they are out in all warehouses in the country. Nice.....
have you ever considered running a nitto trail grappler instead? personally, i think it's a better tire
Old 01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
have you ever considered running a nitto trail grappler instead? personally, i think it's a better tire

I was between KM2, Trail Grapplers and Duratracs. Since my JKU will have 3.73 gears and a manual and I really don't want to do a gear swap the lighter Duratrac played a big role in my decision. I like the way all of them look, but I never hear anything bad about the Duratracs. I know everyone swears by what they have, but I have heard that Nittos wear quicker and they are louder. But I do like the look of the mud grips.

If I was getting a Rubicon with 4.10s I would not worry about the extra weight as everyone says the new engine and 4.10s is great with 35"

Being this will be an on road vehicle, almost entirely, road noise is important.

Knowing my luck when I get it lifted and the wheels and tires on I will not be happy with the power and will regear then wish I had a mud grip looking tire.

fyi
Duratracs 309.00
Trail Grapplers 289.00

Plus mounting fees
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I popped the sidewall of one of my duratracs, they were on backorder as well :(
Ended up with nitto grapplers
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running the Nitto Trail Grappler for a few weeks now and love these tires. If they don't have them in the 35/12.50 go with the 315/75.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kneeman
I was between KM2, Trail Grapplers and Duratracs. Since my JKU will have 3.73 gears and a manual and I really don't want to do a gear swap the lighter Duratrac played a big role in my decision. I like the way all of them look, but I never hear anything bad about the Duratracs. I know everyone swears by what they have, but I have heard that Nittos wear quicker and they are louder. But I do like the look of the mud grips.

If I was getting a Rubicon with 4.10s I would not worry about the extra weight as everyone says the new engine and 4.10s is great with 35"

Being this will be an on road vehicle, almost entirely, road noise is important.

Knowing my luck when I get it lifted and the wheels and tires on I will not be happy with the power and will regear then wish I had a mud grip looking tire.

fyi
Duratracs 309.00
Trail Grapplers 289.00

Plus mounting fees
yeah, i know that everyone swears by what they have but, i can tell you that i have run a lot of tires and have been lucky enough to test even more. of all the tires i've run, goodyears are my least favorite as they tend to be hard to balance and not perform as well on the trail. yes, i am a big fan of toyo's and nittos (same company) and mainly because they are the tougest tire i've ever run, perform the best on and off the trail and, are the most round - i.e., they balance extremely well. the last 2 sets of toyo's i've run, i just installed them on my bead locks and went - never even balanced them, they are that good. and before anyone says it, no, they are not sponsors of mine.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife

I agree. And they will absolutely own the duratracs in off road performance and be very close on road. People complain about them being heavy but they are tough as nails and as WOL said they are very round for an MT. I own trail grapplers and highly recommend them. Of scoured the mud grapplers are awesome as well but not quite as street friendly

Quick Reply: You guys bought all the 35" Duratracs....ughhhh