Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yeti gets a Sprintex supercharger

Old 11-04-2014, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeti gets a Sprintex supercharger

I normally don't name my vehicles, but my kids do. Anyway, I recently bought a used JK and got a great deal and had some money left over. My previous jeep was a YJ with a 383 stroker in it. While I like the jk it just didn't have the power I wanted.

RIPP and Magnuson are the big players. RIPP wasn't the most friendly on the phone and their system provides power on the high end from what I had read. I don't like to drive with the rpm's up there. Magnasun was out of my budget, but provided torque where I wanted. The last option was sprintex. The sales rep, Michael, was great.

Since I sold my house, I didn't have a garage or my tools available, so the local jeep dealer did the install.

If people are interested I will continue the thread and post more info about my overall experience

I don't know how to post pics on this forum. I photos posted over at jeeplab.com
Old 11-04-2014, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let's hear it! What year is the jeep?
Old 11-04-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in your overall impressions of the sprintex. Did you feel the level of improvement was worth your costs? Does your jeep run smooth? Does it have an annoying whine? Do you notice the power in the low rpm range like you had hoped?

I've been seriously considering this option myself so I'm trying to gather some input before I decide.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
I'm interested in your overall impressions of the sprintex. Did you feel the level of improvement was worth your costs? Does your jeep run smooth? Does it have an annoying whine? Do you notice the power in the low rpm range like you had hoped? I've been seriously considering this option myself so I'm trying to gather some input before I decide.
yes what he said haha
Old 11-04-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chadam
yes what he said haha
Yes! What they said.

I'm trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on this.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

It a 2012 jk with a 3.73 axle and auto transmission.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0461_1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	582958
Click image for larger version

Name:	3350.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	582959

Last edited by Icheer4beer; 11-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

My over impression of the set has changed over the past couple of weeks. It too the dealership 6 days to do the install. I was a little upset about that. The actual install was about 8 hours, but due being sent a bad tuner and a corrupt file and the main tuner is in Australia it dragged on. the install started on a Wednesday and finished on Monday. The time zone change was the biggest draw back. However, since then the support has been extremely good.

I had a couple of engine codes being thrown and I was provided a new tune with in hours. It was my fault. I didn't inform them about my aftermarket exhaust. I haven't had any problems since and my mileage is acceptable and my performance brings a smile to my face.

For lack of a better description the engine feels normally aspirated. The power is immediate and smooth. There is no feeling of boost. Just power.

As for the whine. It's less annoying than my wife and kids. My 13 yr old son think it sounds like a race car. Under load you can tell it's supercharged. It's not over powering, but it's there. On the interstate at 70 mph with the stereo on I can't even hear it.

I got a military discount and I don't want to quote prices, but it was over a grand cheaper than the Magnuson. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it.

So, I started off pretty upset about the whole ordeal and now I am happy I went through with it.

Quick Reply: Yeti gets a Sprintex supercharger