Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

yet another wheel spacer thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yet another wheel spacer thread

My local shop can't seem to get in the TeraFex 2.5 in, so I guess I am going to call Q tec., But before I do, can anyone tell what these guys did at this dealership to not make the tires stick out? I want to make sure I purchase the correct spacers as I want mine to stick out a 1/2 inch or so. I have the stock 18's and I will be running 35x12.50's

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360976 it loads a tad slow

I want mine to look just like Rubimons below

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/stock-tj-vs-lifted-jk-2191/
Old 01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My local shop can't seem to get in the TeraFex 2.5 in, so I guess I am going to call Q tec., But before I do, can anyone tell what these guys did at this dealership to not make the tires stick out? I want to make sure I purchase the correct spacers as I want mine to stick out a 1/2 inch or so. I have the stock 18's and I will be running 35x12.50's
Not sure why they cant get a 2.5 kit in i can get you one shipped one out in the morning.

Thanks
David
Old 01-23-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Jeeps in the dealer pics don't have wheel spacers. They adjusted the steering stops to prevent the tires from rubbing at full turn. They put a spacer on the spare rack to keep the spare off the rear bumper.

Later-

Originally Posted by TexasChopper

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360976 it loads a tad slow

I want mine to look just like Rubimons below

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2191

Last edited by Tom07JK; 01-23-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terrahawk
Hey chop, who is your "local" shop?
Southern Offroad in Alpharetta, is several miles from me. They have been great to deal with, but for some reason can't get the kit. Funny thing though just as I was ready to order from QuadraTec, another shop I had spoken to in Kennesaw, GA happen to call me for a follow up, so now they checking to make sure they can get it, and I am going to FINALLY have it in later this week.

btw I know quadratec is a supporter here, and I am sure I will be purchasing many accesories from them once more of them are on the street. I just wanted to establish a relationship with someone around here in case I decide on mods that surpass my talents/tool box

....thanks for the info on the spacers...I am now all straight

Last edited by TexasChopper; 01-23-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

TXSChopper, I would not reccomend going with the 2 1/2 and 35's. i was originally going to go with the SkyJacker 2.5" and 35's but went with the 3" and glad I did now. I believe the 2.5" would be too tight with 35"s if you will be wheeling. It is a good fit, perfect, I would say with the 3" and 35"s. Any less and I would be nervous in anything but highway/road use... My opinion after reviewing my 3" lift and 35's today with space/clearance, etc.. specifically in back where frame sticks out a little bit

Quick Reply: yet another wheel spacer thread