Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yet another Noob lift question...

Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Noob lift question...

OK, I've searched the various threads on lifts and have narrowed down the list based on what's easily available (in Canada).

I've got a 2008 Sahara Unlimited with the 18's. I'm looking for a mild lift to improve the breakover angle for the trails I run. I want to keep it very streetable for the wife, son, and baby on the way.

So I'm thinking 2-ish inches, coil spring lift.

Rough Country - carried locally, needs more bits
Teraflex - harder to get locally, might be able to get shipped
BDS- carried locally, lifetime warranty, not seeing as many folks with this lift as TF and RC
OME - had them on my Land Rover, available locally at a 'holy smokes!' price premium.

Opinions?

What's the closest to the factory Sahara ride?

Reliability?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

I went with the OME HD kit, added adj control arms and adj track bars - very good ride with about 3 inches of lift. Got them from Dave and Northridge.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know you mentioned coils, but the TF 2.5" spacer lift for $322 works great for a daily driver and fits 35" tires. That lift includes everything "required" for a better breakover angle with a stock feel. The stock shocks are retained using extenders for the $322, and with new shocks it's $481

A friend of mine is very happy with it on his Rubi, and gets plenty of flex for moderate trails
Old 05-07-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call David at Northridge4x4 and see what he recommends. I think a 2.5 coil lift would be great for you but the BB is cheaper and works pretty well for the money. I just had issues after I added weight with a heavy winch and bumper.

Quick Reply: Yet another Noob lift question...