Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yet another lift question from a Newbie

Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another lift question from a Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am new here, been a reader for a few months, and wanted to start off by saying that I love this site and the tons upon tons of information to be viewed here.

Now, I'm about ready to purchase a lift for my 2007 2 door sahara and have read page after page about everyones lift and what they recommend, and now I'm more confused than ever. I am wanting a 3 in lift 35in tires and 16 or 17 inch wheels. This is my DD and I don't offroad that often. When I do, it consist of light trail riding and mudding. I know...I'm a poser, but I just think a jeep looks better lifted with larger tires.

I guess I'm asking if an "economy" boost is something I should consider with options to upgrade as my experience increases? As you know this is an expensive hobby/lifestyle and I'm on a budget. I'm in the area of $5,000 to work with. I used to be a musician and recently sold all my gear so I can enter this hobby.

Also, I am wanting to do the lift myself with a friend. I want to eliminate a service charge so I can have more money to offer into the lift, tires, wheels. It's also a great learning experience and get to know the workings of the jeep better. Is this a fairly easy task to do or would I be potentially causing more harm. I'm no wrench turner but I do know my way around a vehicle and tools.

Last question....I think....from my understanding, I don't have to upgrade my driveshafts with a 3" but do with a 4". Is this true, or do I need to upgrade with the 3" also?

Thanks for reading this long post and I am looking forward to the feedback!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

well....I have decided on the Tereflex 3" since they offer so much support on this site. Should a friend and I do the install or would you have a company do it??
Old 06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can only say that I plan on putting my Teraflex lift on with a friend. I am about average on the mechanical side but it is a "bolt-on" concept. Follow the instructions as well as any write-ups and I say go for it.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Give Dave at Northridge 4x4 a call and order his OME/Full traction kit...its $999 or something like that....I think you will find it will do EVERYTHING "YOU" need it to do.

And you don't need driveshafts for a 3" lift....

Good luck....and you are right a Jeep does look better lifted...that I agree with...

Quick Reply: Yet another lift question from a Newbie