Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yet Another DW Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think I fixed the death wobble. I finally got the synergy track bar installed and I still had the problem. So today I installed the AEV drop brackets and loosened/removed all the front control arms. I also removed the front tires and removed the retaining rings on the studs. Also, I re torqued the tie rod and drag link ends. Took it for a 15 min drive over all the places I have gotten DW and the past and all seems good. Not sure what fixed it, but I sure hope it wasn't just a lucky day.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a death wobble going 65 on a busy freeway and it scared the shit out of me. I went overboard and did curry hd draglink, tie rod, trackbar and teraflex ball joints. My front end is really tight now. I think the problem was a combination of bad ball joints and trackbar bushings but my a-hole puckered so hard when it happened I wanted to make sure it never happened again.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scott in LA
I had a death wobble going 65 on a busy freeway and it scared the shit out of me. I went overboard and did curry hd draglink, tie rod, trackbar and teraflex ball joints. My front end is really tight now. I think the problem was a combination of bad ball joints and trackbar bushings but my a-hole puckered so hard when it happened I wanted to make sure it never happened again.
I have only experienced DW once and I was a passenger in a Ford dually. It was wild and it was so violent that is shook the rear view mirror loose from the windshield. I'm currently going from a budget boost to a 4" lift and DW scares the crap out of me.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
I have only experienced DW once and I was a passenger in a Ford dually. It was wild and it was so violent that is shook the rear view mirror loose from the windshield. I'm currently going from a budget boost to a 4" lift and DW scares the crap out of me.
just make sure you take your time and torque everything and u should be fine. I bought the jeep with the lift on it and it had DW when I bought it. But, I know I threw about $1300 at it and now it's fixed. I'm sure it was something simple and cheaper, but F it.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyb19
With that being said, if I ever do decide to go to 2.5 to save my drive shafts, would the drag link flip need to be replaced?
You only need to flip the drag link if you have a front raised track bar bracket, which is not needed on a 2.5" lift. You need to consider raising the track bar and flipping the drag link at around 3.5" of lift. The track bar and drag link should be mostly parallel.

Quick Reply: Yet Another DW Thread