Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..

Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running stock wheels and plan to keep doing so, since I cannot afford new wheels right now. I have spacers. You will be able to run 33x12.50R17 tires on your stocker as long as you use spacers to avoid any rubbing issues.

And as for HG07 - What components came with the lift kit? How much lift do you think you got? Any steering problems or alignment problems?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what abuot a simple kit like :

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7102

2" front with 1.5" rear... ordered with VSS shocks ?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MasterG
And what abuot a simple kit like :

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7102

2" front with 1.5" rear... ordered with VSS shocks ?
I would NOT run VSS shocks with that Full Traction BB. Those are long shocks (28" extended) and you will likely lose your rear coils under extension since those spacers do not have the coil retainer shaft built in like TeraFlex's spacers do. I would contact Joe at Teraflex (username "TeraFlex" on this forum) and discuss your concerns and what you're looking for. He will steer you in the right direction.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run spacers on my jeep. You can run it with stock wheels most of the time. For mudding and sand like I do I've had zero problems. I don't flex, or better yet haven't flexed or needed to in my beach runs down to Padre Island National Seashore. I would reccomend the Buget boost for a daily driver. I haven't had a single problem with it. Can you do springs and new shocks...sure for more money, but for what you seem to be looking for on your budget, get you a BB (you can Always sell these if you decide to upgrade since non of the components are wear components like springs. Spacers don't wear or fatigue like springs would.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
And as for HG07 - What components came with the lift kit? How much lift do you think you got? Any steering problems or alignment problems?
I did not take measurements, but looking at my bro-in-law's two compared to mine it's obvious you'll get more lift out of a 2-door. Granted I have a bumper/winch combo as well which adds a good amount of weight. No steering or alignment issues. I did add a Teraflex front track bar to perfecting align the front axle but it's totally optional...even TF will tell you that. My caster ended up at 2.9° and I added TF adjustable front lower control arms to get it back to 5°...again this is optional and I did notice a slight handling improvement.

The kit included 4 coils, shocks, rear trackbar relocation bracket, brake line extension brackets, front rear bump stops, 1/2" rear coil spacer retainer, rear sway bar links.

Here's the 2-door compared to my 4-door.

TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit, shock extension, 35" BFG AT's on 17" Mickey Thompson wheels.

TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit, 9550 shocks, 33" BFG KM2's 17" AEV Pintler wheels.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MasterG
I need to use spacer with stock wheels/tires or just for bigger one like 35" ?
It doesn't matter what size of tire you run it matters with back spacing. If you going to get new wheels soon you probably be ok but be careful because you could rub.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

I Think i'm gonna go with a BB 2.5 spacer coil with shocks since the new coil will be too high on my 2 doors.

What do you think ? Good choice ?

I just want 2.5" so coil spacer will be ok and some new Teraflex shocks instead of the OEM and bracks.

Seem good ?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to be a popular combo here on the forums. That is my top choice for a lift on my 2dr - yeah I'm getting the new shocks too.

Wonder if they are monotube/nitro or dual tube/hydro?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
Wonder if they are monotube/nitro or dual tube/hydro?
Dualtube hydro.

You will need wheel spacer with that kit if you keep your stock wheels.

I'm getting crazy.. every kit had their own "problem".

I'm back at RC since I dont want wheel spacer before I change wheels.. damn.

The RC 2.5" Premium seem a good choice. 2.5" front with 2" rear with Single tube hydro and all the bracks included and I dont have to use spacers.

Between the RC 2.5" Premium: ( 350$ )

And the TF 2.5 BB: ( 750$ + WS )

With wheel spacers..

Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

MasterG, in your reply above, your say a TF 2.5" BB is $750, but I see it on a very popular, well known site for $482.99 item #16190 . Am I looking at the wrong one?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...2F75289-lg.jpg

Last edited by lakeview; 01-07-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..