Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..

Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randyd
I put a 2.5 coil lift on my rubi unlimited and everything is great!! Go for it! Talk with Joe and see what he says..
Unlimited wont have the same driveshaft limitation than the 2 doors model right ?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
My concern with the TF 2.5 kit is that it will give more than 2.5" of lift and screw up the driveshaft angles. I went down that road with my Cherokees and it was not a pleasant journey.

I am trying to figure out what lift I would go for. I am running a 2 door X with HD shocks. I do plan on keeping 33" tires for a long while but if I get a bonus at work, 35s might not be far off.

You are on stock suspension right now with 33" ?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Any other suggestion or advice ? I'm considering some coil spacer right now because someone told me that that doesn't change anything in my case and i want to be sure that my lift wont be higher than ±2.5" too.. ( or 3 for front and 2 for rear..)

Is coil spacer with shocks relocation brackets sound good or still better with new coils and new shocks ?

I'm getting confused
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HAOLE
you won't have any CV issues

it drives great! no need for LCAs
So you stick with #4 ?

I must start a poll..

Thanks man btw !
Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
The only advice I have is if you keep the factory wheels make sure you run spacers as per the directions.
I need to use spacer with stock wheels/tires or just for bigger one like 35" ?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MasterG
You are on stock suspension right now with 33" ?
I am on stock suspension with stock 32" SR-A. 33s are coming next month on the stock 17 inchers (I already have spacers). I do not have enough money at the moment due to student loans for 35s, regearing, lift, new wheels. I will be getting all of that at the same time. Maybe the lift first, depending on how my 33s look.

And unlimiteds have no problems with 3", but I was just wondering about the 2 doors?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
And unlimiteds have no problems with 3", but I was just wondering about the 2 doors?
:bump:
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

I vote for option #4 (new coils and shocks). You will get a MUCH better ride over your X suspension. I noticed an improvement over my 4-door Rubi suspension with this lift. No need to worry driveshafts with this lift height. My brother-in-law is also running this kit on his 2-door...here it is to give you an idea and it too is a daily driver with no issues due to the lift.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Somebody know what happen if I keep my stock wheels with it ? Do I need spacer ? I'm planning to change wheels anyway but maybe not this month. Can I use this kit with coils and shocks without spacers with factory wheels and tires ?

255/70/r17..

I'm looking for 33x12.5 r15 rubber with wheels with less backspacing.

also, thanks everybody. this forum Rock's !
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MasterG
Somebody know what happen if I keep my stock wheels with it ? Do I need spacer ? I'm planning to change wheels anyway but maybe not this month. Can I use this kit with coils and shocks without spacers with factory wheels and tires ?

255/70/r17..

I'm looking for 33x12.5 r15 rubber with wheels with less backspacing.

also, thanks everybody. this forum Rock's !
Yes...you can run the factory wheels/tires with this kit but even as the kit instructions will tell you if you flex/extend the suspension your tires will rub the sway bar without the use of wheels spacers. I've seen it first hand. So keep it on the road until you get wheel spacers or new wheels.

And before you drive it make sure there is clearance between the tires and rear sway bar link bolts even on level ground. My buddy had this kit installed at a shop the the sway bar link bolts were installed the wrong way and were dangerously close to the sidewall of the tire (again without wheels spacers).

Quick Reply: Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..