Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..

Old 01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..

Ok here's the 'lil story.. I've ordered a 2.5" RC BB but for unknown reason, they have lost my order somewhere. (!!!) So now i'm looking somewhere else and maybe for the TF 2.5" with coil and shocks. No spacer or relocation bracket.

Now here's my question.. Why the 180$ kit that I was trying to order at first time from RC come with coil spacer, shock relocation bracket ( ok for both..) BUT they include it their cheapest kit "Serie II"; brake line brackets, rear track bar brackets and rear sway bar links.

The kit that i'm looking for right now is the "JK Wrangler 2.5” Lift Kit with shocks and coils" doesn't included (or maybe i'm wrong..) front brake line brackets and front sway bar links..

Also.. both kit doesn't include front sway bar links. Do I need them too ?

In other words.. Do I need to order something else if I bought the "JK Wrangler 2.5” Lift Kit with shocks and coils" ?

RC BB:

TF 2.5:

Need advice !

Thanks in advance !
Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

The TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift kit with shocks is a complete kit. You don't need anything else. Your stock rear swaybar links get moved to the front.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HAOLE
I installed a adj trac bar up front to recenter the axle but it isn't needed
That's my DD and wont experience weird on or off-road handling at all. In this state of mind do you recommend me adj track bar too or for juste ±2.5" it seriously "useless" ?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yomondo
The TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift kit with shocks is a complete kit. You don't need anything else. Your stock rear swaybar links get moved to the front.
Perfect. That's exactly what I need to know. Thanks buddy !
Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mrsig
I have the TF and it works great! I have had it for about 1.5 years. And you will get a lot of flex too! Check out my sig for photos!
After all, I use my JK as a DD without any serious offroading and dont really need flex. Just some mudding. Is there any difference ( except price..) between coil spacer and new coil ? Same question for TF shocks ( those included in the kit) and OEM shocks with a relocation bracket ?

As a DD mostly used on road JK.. What should be the best choice ?

1- Coil spacer and oem shocks with bracks

2- Coil spacer with TF Shocks

3- New Coil with oem shocks + bracks

4- New Coil + New shocks

mostly on road and DD JK in mind..

Thats my actual dilemna..

Or if any of those choice are the better one IN MY CASE.. can you suggest me something ?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

If I had to do it again I'd do the front adj control arms (at least lower??) at the same time so you can set your caster higher. If you don't, it will still drive but especially on highways IMHO it will drive like sh$t

With your caster increased (and nice handling and ride) you might find as I did that the front stock bumper rubs on turns where there's some flexing. So then a front bumper solution would be in order......

And if you're getting a new after-market front bumper, might as well get a winch.....

And so on....and so on....
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My concern with the TF 2.5 kit is that it will give more than 2.5" of lift and screw up the driveshaft angles. I went down that road with my Cherokees and it was not a pleasant journey.

I am trying to figure out what lift I would go for. I am running a 2 door X with HD shocks. I do plan on keeping 33" tires for a long while but if I get a bonus at work, 35s might not be far off.

Last edited by IcyFridge; 01-06-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
My concern with the TF 2.5 kit is that it will give more than 2.5" of lift and screw up the driveshaft angles. I went down that road with my Cherokees and it was not a pleasant journey.

I am trying to figure out what lift I would go for. I am running a 2 door X with HD shocks. I do plan on keeping 33" tires for a long while but if I get a bonus at work, 35s might not be far off.
I put a 2.5 coil lift on my rubi unlimited and everything is great!! Go for it! Talk with Joe and see what he says..
Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MasterG
After all, I use my JK as a DD without any serious offroading and dont really need flex. Just some mudding. Is there any difference ( except price..) between coil spacer and new coil ? Same question for TF shocks ( those included in the kit) and OEM shocks with a relocation bracket ?

As a DD mostly used on road JK.. What should be the best choice ?

1- Coil spacer and oem shocks with bracks

2- Coil spacer with TF Shocks

3- New Coil with oem shocks + bracks

4- New Coil + New shocks

mostly on road and DD JK in mind..

Thats my actual dilemna..

Or if any of those choice are the better one IN MY CASE.. can you suggest me something ?
I struggled with this too. I went with option 4, new coils and shocks and couldn't be happier. I would say that it rides better then it did when it was stock. The X shocks are junk so if you get some nice ones they will definitely improve your ride. I run this setup love it. The only advice I have is if you keep the factory wheels make sure you run spacers as per the directions. If you off road you might want to order some quick disconnects also. You have to take the sway bar brackets off any how so it is a good time to change them out. If you don't it is by no means the end of the world.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
I struggled with this too. I went with option 4.
Did you notice a higher lift than ±2.5" like other have said before ?

Don't want any driveshaft problem or stuff like that.

I want to do a "SAFE" lift since its my DD.

Some coil spacer will assure that the lift wont be higher than 2.5" right ?

So coil spacer + new shocks sound good or you stick with #4 anyway?

Quick Reply: Yes another question about a TF 2.5"..