Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yellow shocks

Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby G
LOL - god forbid someone wants to build their jeep based on looks AND performance....for the OP - basically paint your jeep brown, build it up ONLY for rock crawling and thats it - you didnt get the memo at the jeep dealer that if you are buying your jeep for anything other than rock climbing to step back, put down the check book and get another car...how dare you want to make your jeep look nice and functional!
Says the guy with 20" wheels on 35's..... Kidding kidding
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL damn right - i DONT rock crawl - i DONT mall crawl - i drive a jeep, my wife drives our jeep and we take it on the beach all the time in the summer and we love our jeep - its our 3rd - i DIDNT buy my jeep to ROCK CRAWL, i bought my jeep to drive to and from work, to and from the gym, and on the beach in the summer - i think Rock Crawling is awesome and if i had extra money would love to build one and make my wheels look like a whales butt hole so I could airdown.....and ontop of all that - NO ONE is going to tell me how to spend my money - most of the time I just laugh at all the Keyboard warriors on here. That said, I know you were just busting my stones

Originally Posted by Hammerstien
Says the guy with 20" wheels on 35's..... Kidding kidding
Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Ha. Touché

I don't begrudge anybody for spending their hard earned money how they please
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jesus Christ, everyone should go read the thread on jkowners. And having read that, the OP got what was coming, don't name call if you want to be taken seriously.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree dont name call - but I did read it and he was attacked first -

"this is a gay build" which is wrong on so many levels - to the OP and also thats just wrong.

and then everyone mocking him.....

so shouldnt it be dont ridicule someone and be offensive and also dont name call...

Originally Posted by c4bus
Jesus Christ, everyone should go read the thread on jkowners. And having read that, the OP got what was coming, don't name call if you want to be taken seriously.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crawling is awesome and if i had extra money would love to build one and make my wheels look like a whales butt hole
Lol..........
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

this is the reason i switched to jkf yes lots of awesome builds over there but also lots of dbags that bash on you for having money to spend on jeeps and also for not having money to build your jeep. my hats of the the reasonable and insightfull help.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Hats off to you my friend - a sensible and NICE post.
Thanks guys I appreciate that. It is a forum and that's what it's for.I'm not basing my choice of shock just on color alone.It's a scheme and thought maybe there was a decent yellow colored shock that would match. Don't want to paint them,it doesn't hold up and just don't like the style of OME.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbstwo
Thanks guys I appreciate that. It is a forum and that's what it's for.I'm not basing my choice of shock just on color alone.It's a scheme and thought maybe there was a decent yellow colored shock that would match. Don't want to paint them,it doesn't hold up and just don't like the style of OME.
I agree with the no name calling, but this is one very frustrating thred to read. A decent shock costs 80-100 bucks by most accounts and that's too much...ok. People suggest OME which is probably the most obvious choice (and an excellent one) you say that it's not the "right" yellow and that you just don't like them, fine who the hell are we to ask for a reason. THEN, you were offered TWO budget minded suggestions (because everythings too expensive and not just the right yellow) 1) painting a set of shocks yourself or 2) buying the yellow boots from a vendor so you can get whatever shock you choose and add the color you want at the right price...no go. WHAT THE @#$% DO YOU WANT FROM US?

Either put in 20 minutes with a little sandpaper and a spraycan (if you prep right paint holds up pretty damn well) or get comfortable with the grey/silver/black shocks that everyone else is running because it's clearly not worth the effort to you.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered the ome shocks and i can't wait to put them on. Kind of like a pair of new converse...they'll be bright and a little outta place for a week or so, but then they will break in and look right at home.

Quick Reply: Yellow shocks