Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yellow shocks

Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the Old Man Emu (OME) Nitrocharger shocks. A nice bright yellow that matches my OX diff cover. I am planning to paint up my 4 D-rings to match them. Dave at Northridge will set you up.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We offer a yellow boot, FYI.

RS1951

Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I second the ome shocks. They are great. I am not running them....yet. but I think I'm going to next time.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

He said he does not want ome because the color is wrong. Apparently he does not know how to paint stuff on his mall crawler.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

yep yellow thats the one
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL - god forbid someone wants to build their jeep based on looks AND performance....for the OP - basically paint your jeep brown, build it up ONLY for rock crawling and thats it - you didnt get the memo at the jeep dealer that if you are buying your jeep for anything other than rock climbing to step back, put down the check book and get another car...how dare you want to make your jeep look nice and functional!

Last edited by Ryan0260; 03-21-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Hey, he is not building function. And shocks are one of the most important components even on a mall crawler. Nothing wrong with having a good looking rig but choosing components on color is just plain dumb. He stated it was a mall crawler and I can tell you if you want looks good some 2.5 king coil overs would be hard to beat and you can even paint the coils the color you want. If you want some real entertaining reading go over to this thread on jkowners.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 03-21-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

As much as I want to make a joke about this thread I do have to admit, this is a place for jeep owners to ask questions and share knowledge. The OP had a legitimate question and just wants some opinions.

Why someone with a 3.5 inch lift doesn't want to pay $90 a shock for bilstiens, I don't know. Why does the color matter? I have no idea. But if there's one place he can ask about a specific part for a jeep jk, Id like to believe its here.

Maybe some better responses would have been "shocks are one of the most important components of your suspension when it comes to ride quality, I wouldn't sacrifice quality for color options, especially on a vehicle you drive everyday. Take this opportunity to improve your painting skills." Don't make a guy feel bad about asking a question on a forum he just joined last week.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hats off to you my friend - a sensible and NICE post.

Originally Posted by c4bus
As much as I want to make a joke about this thread I do have to admit, this is a place for jeep owners to ask questions and share knowledge. The OP had a legitimate question and just wants some opinions.

Why someone with a 3.5 inch lift doesn't want to pay $90 a shock for bilstiens, I don't know. Why does the color matter? I have no idea. But if there's one place he can ask about a specific part for a jeep jk, Id like to believe its here.

Maybe some better responses would have been "shocks are one of the most important components of your suspension when it comes to ride quality, I wouldn't sacrifice quality for color options, especially on a vehicle you drive everyday. Take this opportunity to improve your painting skills." Don't make a guy feel bad about asking a question on a forum he just joined last week.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

And i did go over the JKowners forum - i laughed, all I know is that I am 100% sure there is alot of keyboard warriors on both sites. Ive dealt with this before on my bass fishing website - as soon as I showed up to the open tourney I laughed at the 5'4'' guy with a mullet who looked like he was stuck in the 80s and had bad skin that starts half the problems on that community website.

Originally Posted by Bobby G
Hats off to you my friend - a sensible and NICE post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	internet-tough-guy_o_1120814.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	436521  

Quick Reply: Yellow shocks