Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ya, another lift question

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ya, another lift question

i recently installed the RC 2.5" coils with 1" front tera flex pucks, stock rubi shocks. my question is i have no problems, the steering wheel is centered -no drifting at different speeds 40-45-50------75 no bump steer the reason I'm asking is i have read on several occasions the problems/issues that come from lifts and don't get me wrong this is a good thing due to the fact that I'm trying to do my lift on recycled parts from all you members that are upgrading to bigger and better lifts speaking of which I'm looking for shocks and extended brake lines one more quick question if i got shocks for a 4" lift what are the ramifications from that or is it OK to do?

Last edited by JMP8562; 04-21-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMP8562
i recently installed the RC 2.5" coils with 1" front tera flex pucks, stock rubi shocks. my question is i have no problems, the steering wheel is centered -no drifting at different speeds 40-45-50------75 no bump steer the reason I'm asking is i have read on several occasions the problems/issues that come from lifts and don't get me wrong this is a good thing due to the fact that I'm trying to do my lift on recycled parts from all you members that are upgrading to bigger and better lifts speaking of which I'm looking for shocks and extended brake lines one more quick question if i got shocks for a 4" lift what are the ramifications from that or is it OK to do?
my question is i have no problems......huh?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you got no problems then great, you are rare (but not unheard of). As for the shocks your biggest issue will be to much droop and possibly breaking a break line or abs line. That would be at the extreme end though ( I will admit, I am one of the guys that did that, busted a brake line). as long as you are careful though you should be fine.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
If you got no problems then great, you are rare (but not unheard of). As for the shocks your biggest issue will be to much droop and possibly breaking a break line or abs line. That would be at the extreme end though ( I will admit, I am one of the guys that did that, busted a brake line). as long as you are careful though you should be fine.
extended brake lines 3" longer than stock should be ok
Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the shocks just make sure that under full compression that you wont be bottoming out the shock prior to the suspension hitting your bumpstop. Had that issue on my XJ and blew out a pair of shocks REALLY fast.

Quick Reply: Ya, another lift question