Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC Mod Bumper details and install

Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC Mod Bumper details and install

Hey guys, so trying to find information for the bumper fogs sucks and I'll just put up some info so people aren't confused.

This is my bumper, bullbar, and full width ends:(sorry for cell phone pics but I'm lazy.)

Bumper and bullbar: (yes the bullbar does have light mounting tabs!!!)

Full width end:

Rear of full width end with welded mounting tabs on top side:

The lights it comes with:

3 out of 8 bolt holds need to be drilled for the bullbar. YAY.

On a side note the paint is awesome and even through out.

I am installing it saturday. There are so many bolts and stuff it is gonna be interesting. I will post pictures of the finished product.

Last edited by hilllclimb; 03-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

The bull bar bolt holes were too far out so it is getting exchanged!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Just a heads up those lights are terrible. After six months one of the mounting tabs snapped at the bend. (4WP hooked me up another one ) Then I went though the car wash, must have had my lights on and both of the lens spiderweb'd. Now I'm trying to find something that'll fit haven't had much luck.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had to tap the holes for the bull/ stringer mount. Just another heads up.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

for me to bull bar holes are too far out to tap so i have to exchange it!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the bull bar from Quadratec. Holes didn't line up on the first or second bar they sent. Just a heads up. And the brackets for the fog lights in the end plates are junk. Mine snapped off after about 4 months.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Are you going to be doing a full write up on the installation of this?
I am looking at getting a bumper by the end of the week and installing it next weekend.
Kinda want to know what I am in for.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys. Do yourself a big favor. BUY AMERICAN... If your looking for a quality powder coat , perfect fit a full with bumper use you existing fog lights or rigid check out ROCKHARD . About the same price.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

So I installed the bumper. It actually wasn't too bad to install. It was my first time installing something like this and it took a little bit of thinking but worked out. The fog lights, yes I know they aren't stock but damn they are way brighter than the stock and I put some removable weather stripping around the light so it wont bounce and run the risk of breaking like others have said. It is super solid and I can't be happier with how it turned out. I did put in some nice bulbs for the fogs so I won't have issues with cheap bulbs. Also I cut the factory fog connections and wired it up to the aftermarket fogs with no problems. For a total cost of $550 including the bull bar which is not on yet, I say that is a good deal.

I didn't take pictures of the install cause I was too into the install and forgot. The only thing that required a little bit of drilling was the top outside mounting holes on the jeep and into the lower mounting bracket under the jeep.

Looking at the bumper you can easily install a winch without removing it!

Now for the american/chinese made products, some people are on a budget so smittybilt it was. I personally think it was made very solid and the paint/powder coat whatever is on it was done perfectly with no blemish to be seen. Sure my bullbar didn't line up so that will be delt with easily and free. The only other bumper I would look at is the Warn Elite w/bullbar for about $800.

But if it is your first time take it slow do it right and you shouldn't have to go back and fix stuff up.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Looks good!

Quick Reply: XRC Mod Bumper details and install