Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC Gen 2 Bumper lighting

Old 12-31-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC Gen 2 Bumper lighting

Hi all. I have the smittybilt xrc gen 2 rear bumper and tire carrier. Finally decided to tackle the led lights for the rear. As you may know, smittybilt instruction are the worst around. All I have is a wiring diagram. I can figure out the wiring I think, but where do I mount the control box bracket? Also, is there an existing spot where I run the wires from the rear to the inside of the jeep. Anyone with experience with this, please chime in. I'll even take pointers with the wiring if Ya got it.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are just adding some led reverse lighting i would just tap into the stock reverse lights harness and run some new wires down to the bumper lights.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by causcg
Hi all. I have the smittybilt xrc gen 2 rear bumper and tire carrier. Finally decided to tackle the led lights for the rear. As you may know, smittybilt instruction are the worst around. All I have is a wiring diagram. I can figure out the wiring I think, but where do I mount the control box bracket? Also, is there an existing spot where I run the wires from the rear to the inside of the jeep. Anyone with experience with this, please chime in. I'll even take pointers with the wiring if Ya got it.
Easiest way to run into the vehicle in the rear is through a rubber gasket under the small storage compartment in the trunk. Pull up the plastic liner and you will see a grommet. If you are heading to the front engine bay to connect the relay to the battery just run under the jeep and come in the front firewall.

Last edited by phljeeper; 01-01-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So the diagram show wiring if you were connecting them as daytime running lights. Just follow that for the wiring.

The Yellow wire you can connect to the reverse light wire.
The Red wire you can connect to a switch or relay to 12V.
The Black wire goes to vehicle ground.

There is a ton of room behind the tail light and I would recommend just tiewrapping the control box in there.

Quick Reply: XRC Gen 2 Bumper lighting