Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC Gen 1 bumper and tire carrier alignment issue

Old 03-10-2020, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC Gen 1 bumper and tire carrier alignment issue

I just put on an XRC gen 1 bumper and tire carrier on my jeep. Followed the directions and it looks aligned untiI I try to close the swing arm. The handle is about an inch higher, so I can not lock the swing arm. My husband was able to get it to close, but there is no way that I could open it or close it on my own. Any tricks or suggestions that could help me. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

if you open the tire carrier all the way, you should see two bolts over there at the spindle. tightening the top bolt should raise it, tightening the lower bolt should lower it.....and vice versa, but i'd be careful loosening things. Rather tighten if there's room. This is what I recall from years ago at least.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I used lithium grease on the post before sliding the carrier on. What I did on mine was take the bolts out on the passenger side where The tire carrier clamps over The post, wiggle the carrier back and forth until it is seated as far down as possible. Close and secure the tire carrier. Go back and install the two bolts that clamp over the post. I used some lock tite and lock washers as they always seemed to back out. If none of that works and you need to build a ramp I suggest making it out of a hockey puck. Easy to work with. Just buy a food one from Dicks not a cheaply, shouldn’t be more than a couple bucks anyways. Haven’t had any issues with it in years.

Last edited by Boat211; 03-14-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: XRC Gen 1 bumper and tire carrier alignment issue