Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC flares with AEV snorkel

Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC flares with AEV snorkel

hey guys, i have the aev snorkel setup on my jk and i was going to get the smittybilt xrc armor flares. only problem is im not sure if they are going to fit, anyone out there running this setup or know? thx guys Smittybilt 76880 - Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec these are the flares
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
hey guys, i have the aev snorkel setup on my jk and i was going to get the smittybilt xrc armor flares. only problem is im not sure if they are going to fit, anyone out there running this setup or know? thx guys Smittybilt 76880 - Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec these are the flares
I have the same snorkel; also thinking about diff. fenders. Looking at the pics of the XRC fenders, they will not fit. The horizontal part of the snorkel would have to sit on top of the new fender!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eumel789
I have the same snorkel; also thinking about diff. fenders. Looking at the pics of the XRC fenders, they will not fit. The horizontal part of the snorkel would have to sit on top of the new fender!
thats what i was thinking to when i looked at the pics, lol i was hoping i was wrong tho, thx tho
Old 08-30-2020, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

That’s a volant black dog snorkel made for the 3.8L JKs. I’m also running into the same problem as you but I have a 2012 3.6L but I’m sure you could still make it work.
i want this fender flares but already I’ve an aev snorkel so I’d have to get a new hood lol it definitely wouldn’t work with the aev snorkel with out cutting something. River raider makes some cool kits for the cowls. But this specific picture the one you want is made by volant

Quick Reply: XRC flares with AEV snorkel