Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC 8 solenoid sticking

Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC 8 solenoid sticking

Anybody know any tricks for unsticking a solenoid ? I have already relocated the box under my hood and took it apart twice to scrub off the corrosion. You think I could apply dielectric grease or something to the inside terminals, I'm getting tired of tapping it with a wrench every time I need it.

I know I should have bought a warn but just humor me please with some suggestions
Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

If you're the original buyer then contact smitty and see what they'll do for you. In the past they've been beyond helpful in the way of sending parts my way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Ditto on that if your the original owner. Otherwise you can upgrade the solenoid to another manufacture as they are all basically the same. Easier to swap the entire solenoid box (only 3 wires) if your not good at wiring and still much cheaper than a new winch.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
If you're the original buyer then contact smitty and see what they'll do for you. In the past they've been beyond helpful in the way of sending parts my way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
I'll try that thanks , I thought I could fix it but it may be beyond repair
Old 09-04-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Solenoids are not repairable unless it's just a loose connection on the solenoid itself.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

So my solenoid finally dried out after moving it under the hood , it is working fine now. I think that it likes the dry heat under the hood.

When I pulled it apart it was wet and corroded but I was able to scrub it down good with a Brillo pad and put it back together. So you can repair them if you catch it early before they completely corrode. 50 bucks saved

Quick Reply: XRC 8 solenoid sticking