Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XRC 10 winch not working

Old 11-26-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no clicking or anything. Tomarrow I will try taking the control box apart (again) and checking the selenoid, and checking the plug in for the remote.

I need to get a volt meter as well.....

THANKS everyone for all your help so far
Old 11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that burns I hope you get it going soon
Old 11-26-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

yes if u can get ahold of a meter, u should be able to figuire it out. even brand new, parts can be defective.
it can be the solenoid or defective motor.
with the meter, something to check is the voltage comin from cables from battery (source voltage)
if you are not getting enough volatge from battery then it wont run. could possibly be to many assesories attatched to battery and doesnt have enough ummppff to power the winch.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an XRC10 and had a problem with mine not working - turned out to be an issue with placing the remote lead into the selonoid box - I was putting it in and turning it and it was dark - ended up being that I was putting it in wrong - I know that sounds nuts but it is not a very good design in terms of being able to put it in upside down.

I am sure you have done it several times trying to figure it out - but make sure you are not putting it in upside down or turning it to far.

Mine seemed really fussy one night (when I really needed it to work) and then the next day (and since then) it has worked fine.

The only other advise I can offer is that the customer support is pretty good and they sent me parts right away when I damaged the housing - might want to see if they can send a new remote out to you too - I have read several instances of people complaining the remote didn't work and had to be replaced.

Please post resolution once identified....
Old 11-27-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Default update - fixed

GOT IT FIXED

There was a problem with the plug on the controller where it plugs into the control box. The actual plug in itself (looks like a 12V plug in) was pushed up too far on the remote cord. This did not allow it to go into the control box deep enough.

I am glad it was just that and not me messing up the SIMPLE wiring that is color coded .....

THANKS to everyone who has helped. You all deserve a
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

right on, glad to see its fixd. malcoms razor
Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
GOT IT FIXED

There was a problem with the plug on the controller where it plugs into the control box. The actual plug in itself (looks like a 12V plug in) was pushed up too far on the remote cord. This did not allow it to go into the control box deep enough.

I am glad it was just that and not me messing up the SIMPLE wiring that is color coded .....

THANKS to everyone who has helped. You all deserve a
Awesome...get out there and get stuck in some mud hole and test it out!!! Remember to take some photos!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:49 AM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem with my XRC8. It turns out when plugging in the remote that the metal lock tab has to face the grill of the jeep. I kept plugging it in with the metal facing me and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work
Old 11-28-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good Stuff.

Quick Reply: XRC 10 winch not working