Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Xenon narrow flares on stock Rubi

Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Xenon narrow flares on stock Rubi

I've had a bunch of problems breaking the clips on my front fenders. I don't feel like fixing them, because it's just going to happen again.

Anyway, I can't seem to find any pics of narrow Xenon flares on an otherwise stock JK.

I've got a 4dr Rubi, bone stock thus far. I don't have plans to lift it, or put bigger tires on it anytime soon... it's a DD for now.

How will the narrow Xenon's look on it? They're 1.5" narrower than stock fenders, correct? Will they look OK with the stock bumpers?

Thanks,

noot
Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine's lifted but it may give you an idea about how the stock bumper looks
Attachment 9955
Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

noot, i have a stock JK with the wider flares.... with spacers it looks like this

I wish I went with the narrow flares, but for legal reasons, the wider ones were really my only choice, I think you will be happy with the narrow xenons.... the narrow xenons are 3" narrower than the wide ones.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, and lastly those stock flare clips are a joke, even if I was to go back to stock, I would use the hardware from these flares on the OEM ones..... Im thinking you could contact Xenon for a hardware pack and use that on your stockers.... might be the cheapest route to go. but then again the ability to install larger tires with no lift from the added clearance these flares give is an added bonus
Old 06-10-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

That a piece of me right there where do I sign.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the pics/etc. I guess it's just a matter of saving up the $$ now

Quick Reply: Xenon narrow flares on stock Rubi