Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Xenon Fender Installation

Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenon Fender Installation

Hey everyone I have decided to purchase the xenon narrow fenders and I am looking at the directions and quite frankly they look terrible. Has anyone done the install and can explain the difficulty of install and the cutting that is required? Photos would be great...

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once you get into it, the install is pretty simple.. removing the old flares and clips was really the hardest part..

Some things to keep in mind.. when trimming the liners, keep them longer than shorter because the Xenons have an extra fold that holds the liner up tight in the wheel well..

I cut mine too short on the first flare, and had to make a bracket to hold the liner tight in the wheel well..

the bracket

lastly, because my JK is silver, I chose to paint the inside of the flare area with black rustoleum wrinkle paint.. I dont know the color of yours, but this was easy and came out great.

one tip, when your installing the nutserts on the rear, keep the nutsert tool lubricated or youll snap something, I found that out the hard way but Xenon supplied 2 tools.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info. I have a set due to arrive tomorrow!!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

is there a big difference between the 2 and 4 door kits for these flares?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Just make sure you take your time, especially when drill out the rear fender holes.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hint, use needle nose pliers for the bolts with nuts in the frt to get them started. I think its the top 3, kinda hard to get in there with fingers. Also, go easy and make sure you don't strip the nutsert tool, keep pressure on it , but don't try to go too fast. It'll barely last to do all the nutserts. They may be sending two of them out with the kits now hopefully.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

all the above posts are correct advise. X2 on that. Make sure you trim the inner flares not too short. Make sure you take them out of the box and place them on flat surface in room temperature overnight. make sure you take your time when bolting the screw heads n the body. I broke the tool they have provided on my second last fender and had great difficulty finding the other one.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

When mine came, they had forgot to drill the mounting holes on the driver rear fender. Fortunately I could use the right side as a template. Listen to what they say about the nut tool. They only sent one, and by the time I got to the last few bolts, it was trashed. Also I couldn't get a clean way to wire the side marker lamps so I didn't.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

So... just got my flare kit yesterday & currently working on install. Only one nutsert tool...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

Great choice on the fenders, they kick ass!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep w35s (1).jpg
Views:	312
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24294

Quick Reply: Xenon Fender Installation