Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Xenon or Bushwacker

Old 06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the wide Xenon's. I didn't like them initially. I kept breaking them went through 2 sets hitting trees, rocks, or falling on the side. This latest set, bought maybe a year ago are a lot more flexible, they each have been bent flat without breaking. So they are doing better now. So, I can't comment on the BW. But the Xenons work well for my rig.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Xenon or Bushwacker

I picked up a used set of wides of a forum member cheap they sag alittle but I'm very happy with them
They didn't come with allthe mounting hardware so we used zipties and they worked out great! Highly suggest them if u lose some bolts plus I figure when I whack them off a tree the zipties will just break rather then cause body damage
Old 06-15-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Saving up here as I will be taking advantage of the discount and free shipping of the Bushwackers before the end of the month. I can't wait and will be posting pics asap once they are on.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RichRock
Not only did the 4WP guy NOT impose the 15% that their fine print now says they do on ALL returned orders, he found the bushwackers i wanted for the same discounted price as I had purchased the xenons for....$467. On top of that, I will get another $50 from the aforementioned rebate from bw. It was a good day!

Now I just have to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

07RubiSteve....thanks for the pics. They sold me.
No worries.....you will love them....

I have seen GeeBee's short Xenons and they are nice too......Both fenders are good, Xenon seemed to correct the sagging issue...IMO, I just like the BW's better....the finish and quality looks factory....all with factory fender coverage
Old 06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
No worries.....you will love them....

I have seen GeeBee's short Xenons and they are nice too......Both fenders are good, Xenon seemed to correct the sagging issue...IMO, I just like the BW's better....the finish and quality looks factory....all with factory fender coverage
1. In the package I got, I learned how they corrected the sagging issue...with four large, thick, hard plastic sheets that go under the top surface of the fender. As Way of Life pointed out, he saw jeepers slide into rocks and immediately damage the tub, whereas the wackers just flexed and popped out. But I am sure they look nice tho. Them seem to paint up very nicely.

2. Yes, at first I actually got the x's in part because I wanted to get away from factory look. But on further thought I realized I would have to get new bumpers to match sooner than my summer budget would allow. With the wackers everything will match nicely.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RichRock;1732496]
Originally Posted by Reds black JK

Didn't I read they give MORE coverage than stock?
They are the same width as stock, give or take a 1/4" or so.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was under the impression from the boards that Xenon had corrected their sag issue (mostly with the 1.5" wider versions and not a narrow problem) with the inclusion of a bracket.

Is sag still a problem with the Xenons? I guess I'm going to find out because I have a set of the narrows on the way to San Antonio...

Wish me luck...
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Reds black JK;1732736]
Originally Posted by RichRock

do they cover a 37x13.5
Depending on your backspacing is how far they will stick out. But actually no they will not cover. My 37x12 stick out with 4.75" of backspacing. See pics. The rear Bushwackers are 5 1/4" wide and the front are 10" wide at front and taper to 8" (because the hood tapers).

Front

Rear
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeperaf
I was under the impression from the boards that Xenon had corrected their sag issue (mostly with the 1.5" wider versions and not a narrow problem) with the inclusion of a bracket.

Is sag still a problem with the Xenons? I guess I'm going to find out because I have a set of the narrows on the way to San Antonio...

Wish me luck...
It was the narrow version I bought (and later returned). They included large plastic plates that fit under the flat part of each flare to give them support. I am sure they work well for that purpose. What I didn't like was that because they are so rigid they will defeat any flex quality, at least for the flat surface of the flares. If you never go sideways into a rock you will be fine. But if you do, I imagine it would be similar to having metal flares. Maybe not quite as rigid. They looked like they would solve the sag problem tho. They tuck inside the outer lip and match the bolt holes on the tub side.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

bushwacker flat flares ftw and i payed 380 shipped for mine

Last edited by deekum1627; 06-16-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Xenon or Bushwacker