Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Xenon or Bushwacker

Old 06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer beware

Well I picked up my Xenons yesterday and I am not too pleased. I shouldn't have let that salesman at Jeepfest talk me out of the Bushwackers for these. He convinced me by saying these would flex more than the wackers, so less damage. Sounds good. But then I find out that they sag so bad the company now puts 4 big hard plastic sheets in each package to beef them up again. So no more flex where you need it. Plus, if you don't paint them, the instructions warn you to "dress" them with some dupont treatment to protect from sun damage.

I am taking them back to 4Wheel Parts today. Looks like I will have to eat about $70+ for "restocking fees". Should have checked here before I bought. Also, I didn't save anything buying at Jeepfest that I wouldn't get buying them online and in-store pickup.

Live and learn (hopefully)

I am going to order the bushwackers.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RichRock
Well I picked up my Xenons yesterday and I am not too pleased. I shouldn't have let that salesman at Jeepfest talk me out of the Bushwackers for these. He convinced me by saying these would flex more than the wackers, so less damage. Sounds good. But then I find out that they sag so bad the company now puts 4 big hard plastic sheets in each package to beef them up again. So no more flex where you need it. Plus, if you don't paint them, the instructions warn you to "dress" them with some dupont treatment to protect from sun damage.

I am taking them back to 4Wheel Parts today. Looks like I will have to eat about $70+ for "restocking fees". Should have checked here before I bought. Also, I didn't save anything buying at Jeepfest that I wouldn't get buying them online and in-store pickup.

Live and learn (hopefully)

I am going to order the bushwackers.

I went with the bushwackers and love them........if you get them before the end of this month, there is also a $50 rebate....but you have to send the rebate in before the end of June......order them up quick, you will be happy

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 06-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the Bushwackers, IMO they look better but they also have working lights unlike the Xenon version
Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt_jediknight
I like the Bushwackers, IMO they look better but they also have working lights unlike the Xenon version
No, mine came with lights. But off to take them back right now. And definitely want to catch that rebate. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

The xenon definitely sag. That is why I went with the bushwackers. I have had no issues with them.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4Wheel parts- Good Report!

Not only did the 4WP guy NOT impose the 15% that their fine print now says they do on ALL returned orders, he found the bushwackers i wanted for the same discounted price as I had purchased the xenons for....$467. On top of that, I will get another $50 from the aforementioned rebate from bw. It was a good day!

Now I just have to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

07RubiSteve....thanks for the pics. They sold me.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepItm8
The xenon definitely sag. That is why I went with the bushwackers. I have had no issues with them.
Good to hear. I ordered them at your 4Wheel store on Tyler.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichRock
No, mine came with lights. But off to take them back right now. And definitely want to catch that rebate. Thanks for all the feedback.
not sure what u are trying to say. xenons come with lights. here are the narrower versions. i think the bushwackers work with 13.5 wide tires. i do think the bushwackers look better but over time i think they will be know as the bush-crackers.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geebee
not sure what u are trying to say. xenons come with lights. here are the narrower versions. i think the bushwackers work with 13.5 wide tires. i do think the bushwackers look better but over time i think they will be know as the bush-crackers.
Someone implied xenon's didn't come with lights. I was saying that the ones I bought came with lights. But now I traded them for bushwackers. I am sure you are right. Even the stock fenders will eventually dry up and crack, most likely.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Reds black JK;1732452]
Originally Posted by YingYang
Installation is not to bad, the first one is the most time consuming. Then after that the others go on pretty quickly. Make sure you follow the directions closely. When cutting the inner liner you just have to take your time. The fenders have a plastic mounting bracket that goes thru existing holes and the fender fits over then screws into the brackets. Difficulty scale 1-10 I would give it a 3 or 4. A 4 because of the trimming of the inners.

how much of the tire is covered by the fender? might be moving to WI. tires have to be in the fenders state law last time i lived there.
Didn't I read they give MORE coverage than stock?

Quick Reply: Xenon or Bushwacker