Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

XD rim CRACKED! yes I yelled

Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XD rim CRACKED! yes I yelled

So one of the tires on my rig wasn't constantly loosing air so I figured I picked up some foreign object while driving around, yet I could see nothing obvious. Turns out it was my valve stem leaking, I had all of them replaced (even the spare) to avoid any further problems down the road. Well this morning I go outside to find the original tire that I had all of the problems with completely flat. Of course it was snowing out...I changed the tire. Upon imnvestigation I noticed a crack on the inside of my XD rim where the tire meets the rim, surely the air must be escaping from this area. Again my tire appears fine, so I guess that means I have to order a new rim and kiss this one goodbye. I bought these rims off from a forum memcer 1 year ago so I don't have any paperwork but I'm going to see if there is any lifetime warranty (which I am sure there is not). Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed in haviing to spend money on a replacement instead of another mod for my Jeep. I haven't even had the Jeep off road with these tires yet!! The end.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If those are aluminum they can be tig welded...less expensive than replacement.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also if the rim has no damage where the crack is I would blame the tire shop.

Quick Reply: XD rim CRACKED! yes I yelled