Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

X vs Sahara tires

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X vs Sahara tires

just put on some sahara wheels and tires (bridgestone duelers) bought from another forum member onto my 07 2dr X. Previously 255/75/r17 goodyear wrangler. besides the manufacturer is there a difference in load rating or anything that would make for a smother ride. Or am i nuts?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since those two tires are so similar, If you are running the same air pressure, the 17s with slightly taller sidewalls should provide a better ride, but the 18s should provide slightly better handling due less sidewall flex.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

they're both crappy tires, if you're gonna do any real wheelin you gotta get LT rated tires. if you're worried about ride quality you bought the wrong vehicle. sorry to be a downer but a jeep shouldn't have car tires
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Ordered my X unlimited with 18"s (because I was ignorant) which meant I got the Dueller's. Wasn't sure how they would hold up cause my wife had Bridgstones once and those didn't last long. So far though got to say I've been impressed,been two years (17k) and they still look like new. My experience is that besides the good ride, their also decent in snow. I plan to go with more aggressive tread when these finally wear down but looks like that won't be for so time. Which my wifey seems all to happy about.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

don't get me wrong the tires that come with it are great all seasons with a very smooth and quiet on the highway. its just sad to see car tires on a jeep. its not just the jeep either, any new vehicle comes with crappy tires
Old 01-25-2010, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
I am with 100%... I got rid of my SRA's as SOON as I could, but; not everyone is in a position to MOD it right away..

I know my first Wrangler, the only Mod I could afford was a CB and that was given to me...
Going to be getting 33's for the 17" rims but got a pretty good deal to get these tires to hold me over til the funds are there. These will make pretty good winter tires too after i get the new ones.

Quick Reply: X vs Sahara tires