Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

X to Rubicon suspension

Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X to Rubicon suspension

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the Jeep world. Been wanting one for a long time and finally traded my Mustang for an 07 JK X with the 24s package.

I have a friend that bought a new Rubicon in 07 an lifted it right away. He says I can have everything he took off including the wheels and tires. He's had them sitting in his garage since 07.

Is there any point to installing the Rubicon shocks and springs?
Will it lift my X at all. I will do a lift in a year or so and would't mind i little more height until then. I believe the 24s package included 255/75/17 tires and heavy duty shocks. It has 255 BFG mud terrains on it now and the are no clearance issues that I can see.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out these two threads, Have all the info that you could possibly need
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ngs-and-shocks
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rings-Question

Not only are the springs stiffer but the rubicon shocks are much nicer
Someone on one of those threads got 2" of lift from them
Just make sure you get the biggest springs possible which are 19 front and 60 rear

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...uestion/page34 check out post #338 with the pics

Last edited by Croce; 08-16-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Like Croce said, check those threads above. Putting 4 door Rubi springs on a 2 door Sport might be worthwhile. It depends on the specific springs. A buddy gave me his off his Rubi Unlimited and the fronts were only a step heavier, but the rears were usable. I ended up buying #18's new and using his #58's on the rear. I scored some pre-owned coil spacers off the forum and put them in at the same time. With 1" spacers in front and .5" in the rear, my '10 Sport went +2.25" in the front and +1.25" in the rear. It's within an 1/8" of level.

I'm probably weird, but I didn't like his Rubi shocks on the rear. Seemed too harsh. I didn't run them long before I got some used OME's off the forum. They're for 0-2" lifts and I love them.

Last edited by tslewisz; 08-16-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks,

You guys rock. I looked thru both of the threads you posted quiclky and that's a lot of great info. I drove 4 or 5 other JKs before I bought mine 1 Sahara and the rest Xs. The one I bought has a much firmer ride and has 55k miles on it. The others I drove had 25k-35k miles on them. It all looks stock and I chose mine because of the firmer ride and everything just felt tighter, ie stearing, brakes, etc. Any thoughts on why this might be?

Thanks again for the fast replies, it only took minutes!!!!

Gary
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Stearing.......really!!!

Please forgive my spelling!!!!!

Gary

Quick Reply: X to Rubicon suspension