Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wrapping EVAP with a thermal insulator – will it work?

Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrapping EVAP with a thermal insulator – will it work?

I’m installing the MBRP S5518AL Aluminized Off-Road cat-back system next week on my 2011 2D Sahara.* I’ve read so many posts regarding the EVAP Can heat issue and the common three options to solve : MBRP Heat shield, EVAP Skid or the relocation.* But, no one actually came-up with the idea of wrapping the EVAP with a thermal insulator.*

I know this may sounds crazy a little bit, but it came to my mind since my last concern is the protection from rocks and the only concern is the heat from the muffler.* My playground is the sand dunes, so the rocks is the last thing I’m worrying about.

So, what do you people think?*

Would this do it?* Or should I go with the heat shield. *I don’t want to wait another 5 days or more for the heat shield.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know ?

:(

Quick Reply: Wrapping EVAP with a thermal insulator – will it work?