Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wrangler X w/ upgrade to Dana 44 - Disconnect Options

Old 12-22-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler X w/ upgrade to Dana 44 - Disconnect Options

If I fall short on cash and have to get the Wrangler X 4dr instead of the Rubi 4 dr... what are my disconnect options if I upgrade the front to a stock Jeep Dana 44 a year later?

Anything else I'll need? For the 44? I'm going to use 35" tires.

I have a family SUV , so the JK going to be mostly off-road, camping, fishing, trails, etc... and a short trip to work everyday.

Also when searching dealer inventory for an X with a rear locker there are very few... Options here would be to add an after-market locker?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by badbrains; 12-22-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

how much is the sway bar option from the factory?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

I did just what you are talking about doing!! I went with superlift disconnects because at the time they were the only ones coming in within 3 weeks ....that said : : I am not happy with them only because they take almost 10 minutes to disconnect and 10 minutes to reconnect....... In my opinion that is too long.....but they are a good quality product and I know the owner through a mutual friend..!!! He is a great guy and believes in customer service !!

Check some of the other manufacturers that have Quick Disconnects.!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
$750

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
I did just what you are talking about doing!! I went with superlift disconnects because at the time they were the only ones coming in within 3 weeks ....that said : : I am not happy with them only because they take almost 10 minutes to disconnect and 10 minutes to reconnect....... In my opinion that is too long.....but they are a good quality product and I know the owner through a mutual friend..!!! He is a great guy and believes in customer service !!

Check some of the other manufacturers that have Quick Disconnects.!
Thanks...

I just found an X with a rear Locker and front electro disco for $27,925... too soon for me though... and it's the first and only one I've seen with that configuration. The Rubi is 33,500...

Do the Jeep dealers bargain on these?

Last edited by badbrains; 12-22-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teraflex and JKS quick disconnects are both great products that are easy to use.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

I have heard of many members talking about haggling and discounts on all models...... Back in June of 07 ...... I found no dealership willing to drop a penny off of sticker ( msrp ) ..

edit: on a side note I did not get those options on my X.... I did get other creature comforts and my sticker was $27,805

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 12-23-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

They are coming off there prices now, first dealer I have went to is down to $660 below invoice. They had a dealer mark up of $5000 over invoice, what a joke, they sure caved fast. The one I want is coming in in a few days, it has the locker rear and factory sway bar disconnects, 3.73 gears, and 6 speed, all a must. I frankly could not beleive that had one coming for me, the perfect rig, just not the color I wanted. I had to have power group to, I know, not a true Jeep options, but I like creature comforts.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep

Jeep.com is showing $750 option on an X with 24S package they also show Limited Slip rear at $295

Quick Reply: Wrangler X w/ upgrade to Dana 44 - Disconnect Options