Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Would you trade your 37's for 35's? I'm considering it.....

Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff Malibu
It seemed as if the OP was talking about trading His 37's for 35's.

I was just trying to inform Him that He already has 35's.

It is true that nearly all tires are smaller than what is marked on the tire, But BFG's are not even close to what is on the tire. In my experience they have always been much smaller than marked.
agreed, they are much smaller and i understand what you were saying. my only point is that it's all relative and when it comes to the discussion of tire size, i think most people understand that when they talk about a 37 or a 35, they are talking about them in terms of what is stated on the sidewalls and not their actual measurement. but, maybe that's just me.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Morse
I have a set of five 37 12.50 17's (BFG AT) with very low miles. These were originally for my H2, but I traded it and kept the tires. Anyway, I want the jeep lifted, but still want enough gear to at times pull my new boat. Total weight will be around 3500 pounds. I've read around and it seems like 35's with 513's are my best bet. What are others opinions? Anyone want to trade for some 37's? haha By the way, mine is an automatic.

Remember that you will be towing O/D OFF !!

Open up the Drivetrain FAQ and look at the chart. Plug in the 'actual' tire height, find the rpm, then Divide by .69 for a rough estimate of o/d off rpm.

5.13 gears, actual tire height 35"
O/D ON - 2380 rpm @70
O/D OFF - 2380 / .69 = 3450 rpm @ 70

That really isn't a horrible rpm to be towing at...

Again, that's a rough estimate. Someone that is more mathematically inclined than I am will probably know a better way to figure it out. (but it comes out close enough that way for my setup)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the website, it says they're 36.3''. I haven't actually measured them, so I don't know for sure. I guess I'll measure them and go from there. I have actually been overly busy, and can't find time for much of anything right now. I 'll be running a 4'' Rancho and a 1'' body lift..
Old 06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yeah, but all tires measure less than what is writen on the sidewalls. when it comes to the discussion of gear ratios and power, it always assumes we're working off of what's listed on the sidewalls and not the actual height. needless to say, just because a bfg 37" tires actually measures 34.5", a bfg 35" tire will come up to something like a 32" in reality too.
My tires must be grossly over-inflated . My KM2s which are 37s measure a tad over 36 3/4. How are you getting 34.5" on the same tire?

Yates

Quick Reply: Would you trade your 37's for 35's? I'm considering it.....