Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

would teraflex replace my coils?

Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would teraflex replace my coils?

I've been starting to notice that my 2.5 inch coils are sagging. Like to the point where my buddys stock 2 Dr with 33s is almost the same height. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with them replacing them or not?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by A7x2706
I've been starting to notice that my 2.5 inch coils are sagging. Like to the point where my buddys stock 2 Dr with 33s is almost the same height. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with them replacing them or not?
they sent me spacers when my coils sagged.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

A thread last month people were talking about springs and several people said teraflex springs won't sag. Even though it's not hard to find threads similar to this one complaining about the 2.5 springs sagging In the rear. Teraflex posted wanting to hear from people with sagging springs, so I would contact them on the forum. If they won't fix the issue let us know, we all like to buy from someone with good customer service.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Dahmer
A thread last month people were talking about springs and several people said teraflex springs won't sag. Even though it's not hard to find threads similar to this one complaining about the 2.5 springs sagging In the rear. Teraflex posted wanting to hear from people with sagging springs, so I would contact them on the forum. If they won't fix the issue let us know, we all like to buy from someone with good customer service.
There have been countless threads about TF springs sagging on the various threads. Mine sagged my buddies sagged they sent us both spacers.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 4" springs on my 2009 sagged a week after they were in I drove it to Teraflex to have them swap the springs and I drove out of there with spacers to. It always seems to be rear springs.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by roscoj
My 4" springs on my 2009 sagged a week after they were in I drove it to Teraflex to have them swap the springs and I drove out of there with spacers to. It always seems to be rear springs.
mine was the rear my buddies was front and rear. mine sagged within a month and his did the same. Mine were purchased a year ago his was purchased a few months ago so not sure if it is a quality control issue or not.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Yes they will .. PM them.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know there are tons of threads about their springs sagging but I was curious if anyone actually had them replaced or not. I'll contact them today.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just in case anyone was wondering or ever ran into the same issue this was the response I got from teraflex

Chris,
Thanks for buying TeraFlex first off! I think that part of the problem with our coils is that they start off higher than what we advertise. So our 2.5" coils will lift the front of a stock JK 3.1" or maybe a little more at first. So when you get a year or so down the road it looks less but is still lifted 2.5". However I also know that isn't always the case for all of them. Sometimes it's really in the "eye of the beholder" as most customers don't track their jeeps stock height vs. lifted height measurements. I'm guilty of that one myself. Kind of like the difference in how my JK's overall height looked before and after I replaced my worn MTR 37's. I had worn them down to 35", so my JK looked lower. Also keep in mind that the TeraFlex 2.5" is one of the most popular kits out on the market. I am working on protocol to where customers who question their coils can measure so we can determine if the coils have sagged or within specs. When you parked your JK next to your friends JK, was his stock or lifted?

Joe@TeraFlex
Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Junkie

Ronjenx posted a thread on how to measure stock height and there's a diagram for the front to show what OE measurements were and you could shoot those numbers as well as yours over to Joe @ TF.

Quick Reply: would teraflex replace my coils?